Confirmation of mineral rights

I’m trying to find out if my inherited mineral rights are in Garvin County, Pauls Valley Oklahoma.

Try calling the county register of deeds

You can also hunt online. www.okcountryrecords.com has most OK counties. You can search by names or location. Do you have a section, township and range? Do you know the ancestor name? Try various spellings. They can have typos. OOPS www.okcountyrecords.com. Finger slip!

I have 5.33333 acres and I was contacted by a firm with a proposal to purchase. They offered me 11,000 dollars but I know that not enough to sale my mineral rights. They have not told me the exact location of my property. I only know I inherited property and mineral rights because my mother talked about the oil/ mineral rights and that her father lived in Paul’s Valley Ok in the late 1800’s or early 1900"s.

Is there a Child’s unit operated by Marathon in Paul’s Valley Ok?

Marathon does not operate any unit named Child in Garvin county. It’s a big county, you’re going to need to provide more specific information to give some direction on this.

Following up on Martha’s comment, she made a small typo. It is okcountyrecords.com. But, she can’t be perfect on everything. You might also check with unclaimed property with Oklahoma state Treasurer and Moea MOEA Search If all else fails, this is worthy of hiring a landman to do a search.

1 Like

Donna, to give you an idea on cost of landwork, last time I hired a contract landman it was $400 a day plus mileage and copies.

My apologies, I should have did a spell check, the name is Chiles and not Child.

If anyone offers to buy, they have a reason and they plan to make a profit. Ask them the exact description of your acreage. Find out what you have before making any decisions. Also find out what pending activity there may be or any royalties held in suspense. If you find out the section, township and range, then we can help you find out some of those items.

Ms. Barnes, I’m working on finding more information about my Royalties and acreage.

If inclined to sell keep in mind that you may have capital gains to report on your taxes. Every year about March many posts are from individuals trying to figure that out. Also, the sale may include a warranty clause which may place an obligation on you to probate and estate. Food for thought.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.