Comstock RT Glass Drilling Update

Can anyone provide an update on the above? I own a small mineral interest in an adjoining tract of 105. 99 acres that remains unleased. Thie tract is J. C Evans Survey A-263. Very surprising I have not been contacted by Comstock regarding my interest. Do I have any value in my mineral interest?

Comstocks Lease broker, Surprise Valley Resources has been having a lot of trouble with their staff. Lot’s of problems all around it seems. Call the main office of Surprise Valley in Houston, Texas. Have your legal descriptions ready. Try to contact the Landman in charge of Leon County, Texas. Do not give up or lease too cheap. Their phone # in their Houston, Texas office is 713-554-3373.

According to the proration unit plat for the UPR/T-BAR-X King Cobra well , A-263 is in it’s pool. At least that’s what I think I’m looking at.

Hello acurmudgeon - I am a member of the Barkley family. Due to a family matter involved my father (now deceased), the King Cobra well in the Maria de La Conception tract in Leon County was sold. I’m curious if you are one of the owners - it was eventually fractionalized by Oak Tree Minerals when it was sold. Just curious. Thanks much.

Hi Mr Barkley, I remember my grandparents mentioning the Barkley’s often.I did not know the King Cobra well on the Christian Stuckey survey was in the Maria DeLa Conception tract. Part of my lease was pooled with that well.

Yes, that’s the correct place. It was in our family for several generations. Sadly, our father sold the surface of the 2200 acre Barkley ranch but retained mineral rights, and executive rights. When he became frail in later years his 3rd wife sold the King Cobra Well and the mineral rights to it. We stopped further sales luckily but it was not supposed to ever happen. Some people just don’t understand how valuable these rights can be over time and just want the money now. Thanks for responding!

Just curious. What are executive rights?

They are “voting rights” that give the person the sole authority to make decisions on leases. All the other mineral owners have to follow along. He took 3/4 mineral rights and gave 1/4 of the mineral rights to the buyer of the surface.

Sounds good to me. I don’t think one can sell land nowadays without giving half the minerals.

Nobody in their right mind would sell land with minerals.

1 Like

Comstock filed a Well Record Only Completion Report on the RT Glass well today. It shows that drilling was completed on 9/13/2023, and has a TVD of 18,419 feet, making it the deepest well drilled so far in the Lower Bossier/Haynesville play.

No indication when the well will be completed.

1 Like

Mr Herrington, I received a reply today to my second email to them with the same question. They say they won’t have confirmed owner information until the well is set up in their system. I thought it would be easy to find me as an owner as I’m listed as an et al under my aunt’s name in a pooling document for the well.I wanted to know if I was entitled to royalty although I could not sign a lease do to lack of a Pugh clause in my lease with XTO.

If you aren’t judicially determined to be an heir of your Aunt, why are you entitled to information or revenue?

Mr Baker, She isn’t my heir. I am an owner listed under et al on the document. They have her listed by name ,but not the rest of the owners. We are the et al (others).

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.