Comstock Makes Another Major Acquisition!

In a 282-page assignment document filed in Robertson County on March 26, Comstock has acquired the rights to the Lower Bossier/Haynesville interval in more than 14,000 leases owned by Hilcorp Energy I, LP. These leases are located in Robertson, Limestone, Leon, and Freestone Counties.

The acquisition is effective September 1, 2023 in accordance with a Purchase and Sales Agreement dated March 15, 2024.

5 Likes

So Comstock has acquired the deeper rights associated wwith the wells in this area that Hillcorp recently purchased from XTO?

Don’t know if that is correct or not. The Comstock deal is with a Hilcorp limited partnership: Hilcorp Energy I, LP.

1 Like

I was told Hilcorp reserved up to the Cotton valley. I have not seen it yet.

Comstock’s acquisition is limited to the depths from the base of the Bossier Reagan Sands down to the top of the Cotton Valley Lime.

1 Like

Sure hope this Alabama ferry in eastern leon county is in this deal. Hilcorp owned it a few years ago then sold it then i think they got it back from no payment. Now no one really knows who owns it. Most of the location are grown up except a few of us that keep them mowed.

1 Like

How does that affect the leases involved? The RT Glass 1H sits on my survey BM Lewin A-485 but I am told I can not participate in royalties in any manner because I have no Pugh clause.

Thanks, Joe

Joe, unless there are some situation involved that I’m not aware of, I will see if I can answer your question. First of all, I assume your interest in the Lewin is held by production from the King Cobra and that lease has no release clause of any type, either unit boundaries or depths? If that is the case, then you would not be subject to BONUS consideration for a new lease because your interest is held by production. However, after Comstock acquires the rights to your lease, you WILL BE subject to receive ROYALTIES. At this point with what I know, that appears to be the case. Does this make you feel better?

1 Like

Mr Sartin,

I was surprised when the landman from Surprise Valley actually called me back after I a few months. He said they even held a meeting about it and no I could not participate. Maybe he was talking only about the bonus. Yes your diagnosis of my situation sounds exactly right. Your assessment is what I thought before the landman dashed my hopes. At my age maybe my granddaughter will now benefit.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply,

Joe

All my best to you and your family.

Phil