Comstock activity and Surprise Valley contacts

So does anyone have insights to offer about Comstock’s potential drilling in A-893 and A-947 and their proximity to to A-222? Also, and I hope this is allowed in this forum, can anyone recommend a SV landman who is trustworthy-at least as far as landmen go? Finally, have phone calls or emails proven to be a more successful means of communication with SV? Thank you all for the helpful information you provide. Landowners/mineral owners in Texas need to support one another.

1 Like

Any thoughts on this, Alan?

All three of those surveys are in the heart of the Surprise Valley lease area. Comstock began drilling in Robertson County, and their wells have been moving northeastward into Leon County. 893 and 947 are about four to five miles northeast of Comstock’s recently permitted Neyland MMM 1H well. Comstock is moving your way, but no way to know the timing/location of future wells.

Thank you Alan. Our portion of these leased abstracts sit in the Hwy 79/County Rd. 347/348 horseshoe. Halfwayvthrough lease timeframe, perhaps we will hear something soon. As for the very small mineral interest I own in A-222 near Concord Cemetery, any idea why SV isn’t cleaning these up-as I mentioned, a distant relative-one more difficult to contact than I-has the identical interest in the same location. She has leased, yet I was never contacted, even though I have other SV leases on file. Should I reach out?

Wouldn’t hurt to contact them. Sometimes mistakes are made.

The SV landman we dealt with in 2021 has moved to another lease area. Would it be best to go through SV or reach out to Comstock directly?

Does anyone have the name and contact information for a SV landman who covers the Concord/Robbins area?

Have you tried to reach out to SVR through their website or called their office?

Surprise Valley Resources # in Houston is: 713-554-3373. You need to have your legal descriptions ready to tell them where its located. They have had a lot of problems with their landmen.

I did put a call in to SV and was told I would get a call back later that day. After the 4th day, I called back and was told my lease packet would be ready to mail out that afternoon. I requested that a landman call me to discuss terms before the packet was mailed. I got the call within the hour, we hashed out terms and all ended on a good note.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.