Comstock Active In Anderson County!

In two assignment documents filed yesterday in Anderson County, Fieldview Resources assigned the leases they have written in Freestone and Anderson Counties to Comstock, The acreage is located primarily in the Riondo and Aguilera Surveys in both counties.

Gross acreage totals:

Anderson: 4,371

Freestone: 8,624

Total: 12,995

I’ve also been monitoring a large leasing project in Cherokee County that has been going on for three years now, including lots of seismic work. Appears to be around 55,000 acres or more leased by two different entities. I’m beginning to believe Comstock may be behind this.

There also have been reports of a large group of land men doing title research in Houston County since the beginning of the year. Could this be Comstock as well?

1 Like

Thank you Mr. Herrington for the update. A company called Cypress Energy Resources has been trying to lease area’s north of Crockett (Houston County) for $75/net acre for a 5 year lease. Also Drake is trying to lease two 10,000 area blocks in the northwest part of Houston County. Started offering up to $350/net. acre at the present time. I figure this is related to the Comstock play in Anderson and Leon County. These are old Deep Bossier area’s