Compulsory pooling

Please help. I don’t know what to do. I got a certified letter this morning about Spur pooling us. The hearing is January 7th. We have to let OCD know 4 days ahead with the paperwork being filed in Santa Fe. We have two days of the weekend and two days being holidays. They didn’t give me enough time! I don’t think I could get a lawyer hired and get it done. They only contacted me one time before by mail. I contacted them I will attach the email

they answer me with when I asked if I could talk about the offer. They told me I had to do it in writing and to send them an email. I did and I will attach the response. That is the last thing I ever heard. They were supposed to get back with me. We don’t even know how much acreage we have. As I stated in the last post they offered 1/5 and 500 bonus per acre. I didn’t even get to ask for 1/4 at the wellhead! They never got back to me. I thought they had to try in good faith before they could throw us in a pool. Does that mean we won’t get the bonus per acreage either? Does that mean that they don’t have to pay us royalties for a lot longer time? Is there anything I can do? I did fire off another email this morning saying that they did not ever even contact me back. They won’t answer the phone of course.

Hi Wendy, I would try to contact all involved…Spur, Spur’s attorney and the oil commission to document your situation. If you can get an attorney to help you, all the better. Try to get in to attend and participate in the hearing electronically. Trying to fight force pooling after the fact is not easy. Best wishes for you.

Thank you! I fired of an email to them and was on the phone waiting for an attorney to answer when they called me with a new landman. I was out of time so I sure hope I did the right thing. I’m so stressed out about it. Of course he wanted a signed and notarized lease agreement by next Thursday for the OCD hearing. Thank You!

1 Like

Sounds promising. Have a good New Year.

Wendy,

For whatever its worth, I own some royalty interests under Spur in 19s25e. They are running a rig in that township currently and seem to be drilling 4-5 wells per 320 acre unit.

Their good faith attempt was sending you a lease offer. $500/nma and 20% royalty is probably not stealing. The bonus amount isn’t going to be very high and is pretty inconsequential relative to what you might make if wells are drilled. I think the odds that you could negotiate a higher royalty are very low. But tell them you will sign and notarize it for the hearing if they will give you X and Y if you want. Hiring an attorney seems like a misallocation of time and money and stress, particularly if your interest is not huge.

Simply put, I seriously doubt that resistance will gain you much other than consternation. The path of lease resistance is signing a lease. IMO, the place you don’t want to be is force pooled.

Mostly just remember that them making moves that indicate they intend to drill on your acreage is a good thing.

Cheers

Thank you very much. I understand where you are coming from. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.