Common source of supply

Can someone explain what this means? This was the response I got when I asked about the status of the well being drilled in Pottawatime county.

"Currently we are testing the Viola common source of supply and trying to determine what steps we need to take to stimulate production or move up hole to shallower zones that we feel may produce fracturing and stimulating"

Tom Klein

Common source of supply refers to the geological formation in which they think the oil or gas is located. In this case, they think the oil or gas is located in the Viola formation.

shallower zones would refer to geological formations that are above the Viola formation.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much, the jargon in this industry is very educational.

Matthew said:

Common source of supply refers to the geological formation in which they think the oil or gas is located. In this case, they think the oil or gas is located in the Viola formation.

shallower zones would refer to geological formations that are above the Viola formation.

I hope this helps.

does this only affect sect 19--which I think is yours? I am in sect 17 and there has been no drilling there for quite a long time. the landman from Westar also sound excited early last year but told my brother a month ago they have no intention of drilling at this point in time. I found that interesting for a landman to say. Oh well.......

Larry Banyash

Not drilling is not necessarily a bad thing. If they don't drill, then they will lease you again, They being generic for someone.

So picking up another round of bonus is never a bad thing.

It could happen four or five times. :)