Colorado rights being leased

Ok so guys My dad was a Master Gunnery Saergent , hid Dad so my grandpa said TOM invest in some oil and mineral, so they did, Marathon, then meritt oil bought marathon, SO I am an ONLY CHILD, my dads new wife was so after those oil checks omg, so she tried to tell the court that i was not toms real daughter, (evil) so we were so mad that we live in Oceanside, Ca and we went all the way to court in Wyoming and my mom proved that yes i was the only child and she got the court decision turned around and the deed says, certain sections i have part in and it states, any money gotten back from attorney fees or money from then on made that his new wife and I will half anything of my dads estates that made money or LIFE INSURANCE so I was 18 and did not know that I could of after graduating get VA help pay for college, omg, I didnt get his benefits from 18 to 21 , not sure who got those but its been 30 yrs cant do nothing now, so my dad and grandpa also invested in pharmacuetical companys, but I dont know where, there may be missing monies owed, and my dad had died when i was turning 18, and today i looked up to see where his new wife is, is she still alive and where did the life insurance that i was susposed to get half go, or what else did she get, did he own a house, i know he had to of in Indiana or arizona, so im only child I seen today that my grandpa died in 201f3 hes the one who left will and saying my dads new wife and me split any moneys made from my dads estates, so my dad, died, grandpa that put me in will died, my mom has been passed and his NEW wife passed alot of yrs ago, so i am the one in deed, the only child, the next of kin and only that would take over her portion of oil checks and wheres all the pharmacutecal income i would be next with that also, life insurance, how can i find out? so if my oil checks from merritt for yrs said william wheller phebus and traci phebus , does that mean i should get my grandpas portion and the new wifes, ? no one is probably even looking into a follow up of the deed or next of kin, can that be true? am i entitled? not just trying to get money but if they are not here and Im in the hugest hardship ever, it could be a way out of losing everything for me. if she passed in 1982 and my grandpa 2013 where are there two portions going, hers has to come to me, its was just said and deed her and I, now shes gone , why have i not heard anything ? and if the checks were in my grandpa and me only , why was i not notified? am i wrong or what do you guys think, if you didn’t read all this i don’t blame you but there is a lot going on here that could point to me and they know my address, last thing i got a call from Highland oil in Colorado just 2 yrs ago, 36 yrs went by since deeds, and they said we are calling everyone and telling them that we found rights 160 acres in several names one my past aunt, i have 4 acres in Jefferson Colorado, and didn’t know until 2 yrs ago, that’s crazy so i am leasing them and good chance of them producing but with me over so far away i just leased them but if i sell them and i can while leased, then someone would get a very good investment when and if they produce fresh oil, i am thinking of selling the 4 acres, don’t want to but almost have to and im 54, i need the money bad and will not be here to enjoy the wells income. Any ideas greatly appreciated , totally understand if this post was just to much info and thanks

What section, township and range ? You posted that this is in Blaine Co, OK. Are your acres in Colorado? If so, what section, township and range there?

Mineral ownership can be quite complicated as the years go on and assets are properly (or improperly) claimed. Given the COVID-19 slowdown right now, there are very few rigs running at the moment. If you can prove your title by proper documentation, then you are able to lease and receive royalties. Depending upon where your grandfather, etc. lived, you may have to find probated wills or file affidavit of heirships in the counties of residence. If you already leased, then the company thought your title was good enough. You could post that you want to sell on the MarketPlace category in the forum for a small fee. Or there are some mineral buyers that might want it. Google “minerals for sale” and several names may come up. Check them on the Better Business Bureau as some are better than others. You will have to pay taxes on the sale. Honestly, four acres in Colorado is not going to be worth a whole lot in today’s depressed market. The location of the minerals and if they have a preferred reservoir target is critical to price.

Hello…I am the granddaughter of William Wheeler Phebus. You contacted a friend of mine who was putting together my family tree and now won’t respond to me. Do the DNA test and let’s see if you are truly a relative of mine. Otherwise…find another family tree to try to get money out of! Not buying it!

Drugs are good until they aren’t.

2 Likes

Hi, I too am a granddaughter of William Phebus but I’ve never seen or heard of you before. Can you please share some information about how you are related. Thanks

How can one ancestor cause so much TROUBLE??

1 Like

Something to think about regarding your challenge for someone to take a DNA test.

By law, in Texas where I am licensed, a husband is the legal father of any child born to the wife during the marriage. This is true even if the husband and wife were separated when the child was born. In Texas, and perhaps other states (and this includes California), for years this was an non-rebuttable presumption. Because Master GS (husband) would be the presumed father, at least in Texas, an adjudication of paternity has to occur within four (4) years of the birth. After genetic testing became more reliable and available, legislatures began changing the law and permitting a rebuttal procedure. But, the presumptions and, the timeframes to contest, are still on the books.

Even more troubling is the much later Wyoming court ruling regarding who Camaro44’s father was. So even if DNA/genetic testing proves otherwise, it appears the court, and the law, may have legally grafted a branch to the family tree that probably cannot be sawed off.

A copy of the court’s decision, if there is one, may provide you more insights into the arguments presented by both “spouses/wives”.

Keep in mind, a Landman is not a Genealogist, although the tasks of the two sometimes overlap. A Landman deals with the flow of the legal title and not the flow of DNA.