Colorado lease sale

The colorado state lease sale was yesteday and thousands of acres in kiowa county went for over $300 an acre. no wells have been drilled but the courthouse is full and it looks like it might be the mississippian being extended. any know any more info?

We have been aproached for mineral lease in Bent County. Very low offer but makes me wonder if something is about to happen in SE Colorado soon.

We have been approached for a lease in Bent County as well. Do you have any idea what is happening in that area?

No I don't. I see 5 well permits that are in or around township 22S Range 49W. Hoping others in the area will reply so we can see the extent of activity.

Do you know who offered the lease? We were told it was confidential. We have leased minerals in Oklahoma and always knew who made the offer. It just seemed odd. Is that usual for Colorado?

Mike Miller said:

No I don't. I see 5 well permits that are in or around township 22S Range 49W. Hoping others in the area will reply so we can see the extent of activity.

My most up to date information points to them extending whats happening in western kansas. Supposedly the Missipian play. Kiowa county courthouse is completly full.This area has the potential to be real big. Most likely SD and Linn energy. Chesapeake defintely has at least two land crews working the area for them.