Colorado County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

does anyone have any info/rumors/etc. on pending activity in Sheridan?

My girlfriends father got a lease offer South of Sheridan down FM2437. His property is in Lavaca County on 2437A. I dont know which company the offer is from but the offer was in the last 6 months.

we have an inquiry to purchase the property - which got us wondering if something was brewing. thanks....

Any activity going on just N/E of Sheridan ?

First of all, talk to your neighbors. Then get yourself a good Oil and Gas Atty. There are several in Hallettsville, Columbus, El Campo, etc. The landman works for the Oil company not you.

New drill permit application submitted today by Ballard Exploration out Houston, drill lease is called Hoegemeyer A on the GWBrown survey just west of Oakwood Ranch. I am assuming Ballard will drill upon receipt of a permit. Square mile Energy was to drill on/near Oakwood Ranch according to their permit. Any indication if they drilled and what was discovered?

For those of you not familiar with the area, it is off of Colo. Cty. Road 215. Due East of the production in the New Bielau area, off of FM 155. Lets hope it gets hotter over here, and heads west to link up with the stuff just west of Schulenburg/Hallettsville. Keep your fingers crossed!

The Rig, #754(Precision Drilling Corporation) has mobilized and I assume they will begin drilling as soon as a permit is approved. This is Ballard Exploration as I commented on October 23rd.

I saw in the Weimar paper Weimar- 20 joint venture deeded to Warriner Oil 2 tracts in the R M Johnson Survey, what is this Weimar- 20 joint venture

Nancy there a lot of people reading this forum and I bet somebody will snoop it out. Lets hope its what we've been waiting for!

from what I read it to it was a homeowner deeded mineral deed to Weimar-20 joint venture then they deeded the mineral to Warriner Oil, is anyone leasing with Warriner oil in Colorado county, does the city of Weimar have anything to do with Weimar- 20 joint venture I saw this in the Dec 5 paper

there are 2 RM Johnson surveys listed in Colorado county. the one you want is probably abst # 364 ( I think) that tract is on the south side of Weimar. it is 375 acres in a long east/ west "rectangle". highway 71 goes thru it just east of 77

the one that goes by I-10

The Precision Drilling Rig Locator website now indicates that Rig 754 is moving so it is apparently finished drilling for Ballard off of County Road 215. Anybody hearing anything about the results?

Please let me know if you have ever seen the following situation:

An oil company requested a permit from the Railroad Commission (RRC) to obtain a ruling 37 (R-37) against my property. During the deliberation phase (shortly after the hearing with RRC), the oil company offered to lease the property and I accepted. A lease agreement was signed and bonus money was given. Recently, I was made aware that the RRC approved the R-37 ruling. It took approximately ten (10) months for the ruling, and I was absolutely surprised because it seems that a lease would make the R-37 a moot point. Question: What is your opinion on a situation like this? Is this an anomaly? Your comment is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Does anyone have a RRC map of old and new wells around the A6 J Bowie Survey in Colorado County, TX? Thanks in advance.

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf