Coke County Land Man?

Can anyone recommend a good Land Man for Coke County?

Thanks, Lance Conn

Lance -----

I know a couple of good ones... how long would you possibly need a landman and would they need to be in Coke County for the duration of the project? Regards -----

Hi Drake, I have inherited Mineral Rights in Coke County. Its all sorted in the Coke County Courthouse by my lawyer. What I am after is more clarity on percentage. I was told by my accountant that a Title Company or perhaps a Land Man could provide that clarity for me. Basically what I am after is a "run sheet" on the property from 1919 to current. Is this a Title Company, or can a Land Man provide this?

Thanks for your response & any further advise.

Regards,

Lance

Lance -----

Correct, a run sheet is exactly what you need and a landman needs to do this for you-- often they will use a title company but most likely they will use the county courthouse. This shows the history of title ownership, any estate severances, reservations, etc. and is essential to assessing what you actually own. If your attorney has an early start on some of the records then that helps. Bottom line, landmen go for about $450 a day and something like what you are wanting done could take a week or more-- greatly depending on the size of your estate and any complicated nuances associated with the title. It could be less just be aware that this is generally the case. I know some excellent landmen familiar with the area if you want to pursue it further. Best regards ----

Drake,

Appreciate the feedback. I'll get back to you when I am ready to engage a land man.

Regards,

Lance

Drake Bollinger said:

Lance -----

Correct, a run sheet is exactly what you need and a landman needs to do this for you-- often they will use a title company but most likely they will use the county courthouse. This shows the history of title ownership, any estate severances, reservations, etc. and is essential to assessing what you actually own. If your attorney has an early start on some of the records then that helps. Bottom line, landmen go for about $450 a day and something like what you are wanting done could take a week or more-- greatly depending on the size of your estate and any complicated nuances associated with the title. It could be less just be aware that this is generally the case. I know some excellent landmen familiar with the area if you want to pursue it further. Best regards ----