Cocran & Yoakum Counties

Back in 2017 I received a lease agreement from Argyle Assets., LTD., for “All of section numbers 1,2,3,4, and 5, in block G, and section number 7, in block P, Cochran and Yoakum County as described in that certain Mineral Deet between R.F. Duggan, Grantor, and Mrs. Nell Tarver, Grantee, dated January 15, 1933, Volume 27, Page 516 recorded in the Cochran County Clerk, Register of Deeds, Cochran County, Texas”. The lease was for Five (5) years. Since that time I have received nothing from Argyle Assets, LTD. I received an original amount for the lease but am wondering if anything is being done since then. Any information would be appreciated.

LizaLee,

I read your post and found it quite interesting. I am a direct descendant of RF Duggan and am named after him. Argyle approached us to lease our family property in early 2017 and we had in person meetings and many emails. The property is the same legal description you posted. I am quite surprised you were able to sign a lease. Our family would not agree to their terms and that was the last we heard from them. Perhaps Argyle had their information wrong on who owned the minerals. I do not know for sure.

If those minerals were actually yours then I should inform other members of our family. Perhaps we should take this off line?

Regards,

1 Like

Liza Lee the documentation from Cochran County indicates a grant of a 1/32nd interest. Is this how you read it? I do not believe it is for 100% of the sections described.

Here’s what the Railroad Commission shows for the area you referred to. No indication of any activity there. Also no permits filed in the name of Argyle in either county in the last three years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.