Coal county activity check?

Hello just checking to see if anyone know if any activity is being done around these locations. My wife received these mineral rights not long ago but we have no idea where to even start. I have the info I have below any help would help thank you in advance. I’m sure there nothing but the family just wanted to check

Coal County

Track 1

SE/4 NE/4 of Section 5, Township 1 North, Range 9 East. 1.875 Acres

Track 2

SW/4 SE/4 NE/4 of Section 36, Township 2 North, Range 11 East 0.670 Acres

Track 3

SE/4 of Section 1, Township 1 North, Range 1 North. 0.333 Acres

Some leasing back in 2017. There was a pooling in 2016, so your ancestor may have pending bonus money in suspense. Check cause 201602309 the the OCC OAP site. Check the respondents list for a name you recognize. No drilling http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

This one has an active well since February 2009. Woodruff 1-36. Bravo Arkoma is the operator. Need to investigate this one for transfer of royalties.

[quote=“Julio_Zavala, post:1, topic:40837”] Track 3

SE/4 of Section 1, Township 1 North, Range 1 North. 0.333 Acres [/quote] This one is partially incorrect. The last term needs to be East. If it is Coal, that number is too low but would be East. If the number is correct and it is east, then it would be in Murray County.

The Woodruff well may or may not be in your spacing. I would have to investigate further.

@M_Barnes I really appreciate your help. Would I have them hire someone to look at these properties to look into this information especially on like u said wetherell there pooling or the one that has a well I know for a fact they all have no clue that’s been there.

Apologize for all the questions where can i find this information?

The original spacing was for 640 acres for the Woodford and Caney Case 200804170. Order 557894. lookout up here: Type 200804170 in the legal location.
http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx The completion report is listed here. http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/003F0168.pdf

Contact the attorney of whomever your wife received the mineral rights from (dangling participle there). She needs to get into pay status. The well was sold to Bravo Arkoma LLC. Here is their address and phone. If there was a probate, her name needs to be filed in Coal County with the legal description. Contact the Division Order Analyst at Arkoma and see that they say that she needs to do to prove her title.
http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/030A41A2.pdf

Ok the attorney first start there get her into pay status. Then call bravo see what they need form her to verify. Does she have to go out to.these counties in person for the legal description?

The probate documents if done correctly should have the exact description for each tract. You will need that in order to tell Bravo. Bravo may have the royalties under her ancestor’s name, so they will need the probate document in order to fix the title and give the heirs the correct percentages.

If it was a trust would they show that ?

If the minerals were owned inside a trust, (actually deeded to the trust) then look at the trust document. Generally it will either have the Trustee manage the assets for the beneficiaries (collect royalties) or have the interests distributed to the beneficiaries (Trustee deeds to beneficiaries). In either case a Memorandum (aka Certification or Affidavit) of successor Trustee should be file of record and provided to the company.

Thank you all so much for you help means alot, now I know where to start on that one track.

@M_Barnes on track 1 here for the pooling I see you have provided a link I assume that when I plug the proper information in it should tell me where we are relevant or not right?

What do they mean by track? How can I find out information on a particular track?

@jeanniepetrykanyn yes it just seems faily difficult to find information on there specific properties i didnt wang to bother anyone just wanted to know how to do it my self.

The usual spelling is “tract”. That word is used differently by different people. As a mineral owner, I would consider a tract a particular set of acres that comprise my mineral ownership in a certain section, township and range. Ex: 10 undivided acres in NW4 NW4 1-1N-1W.

What kind of information are you trying to find?

No one in my family has much information. Apparently, my Great-Grandfather has Oil and Mineral rights in Coal County, OK. A Broker has approached me to lease it, so that drilling can begin by an oil company. If we do not respond, any funds will go straight to the State of Oklahoma. It is still in my Grandmother’s name under (Tract 4). The acreage is split with her many siblings. It has not been probated since her passing. However, her portion is being split between my mother’s two sisters and herself. One sister has passed, the other in Memory Care. My mother is the last woman standing, so to speak. The Broker has not been able to reach her by phone and she never answers her door to people she does not know. Therefore, the Certified Letters have been returned. I just do not know where to began.

Get a description of the land from the broker. It should have section, township and range and a particular description.

If there was no probate, then find out if there was a will. If so, it will have to be probated before getting paid royalties. If no will, then you may be able to get away using an affidavit of heirship. If your mother does not want to lease, but would rather be force pooled (which is the last leasing controlled by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission) then that is fine as well. However, she must accept the certified letters as she will only have 20 days in which to answer or she will be given the worst option. If you do not answer, then the company usually holds the funds for a certain period of time and then they are turned over to the state. (While you are at it, you might want to query the OK State Treasurer’s unclaimed fund office and see if anything. Your mother could probably appoint you as her POA (Power of Attorney) to handle this for her.

Any in section 1 township 2 n range 8 east cole co. Section 6 township 2n 9 east coal co.

What is your question? Your verb was missing.

Are they in production there in those 2 areas