Cleveland and McClain County Lease Rates going WAY UP!

If you get a lease in the mail that is like the ones you have been getting the last 10 or so years, you better think twice before you sign it. I signed a lease, and a week later got another one that was over 3.5 times as big. It cost me a LOT of money. If you get any lease, call Land Services 405-485-3800 and check with them to see if they are leasing those minerals. They have been giving $450 an acre in a bunch of sections. The game has changed completely in these counties. I have another outfit trying to outbid the Land Services bid of $450 for a lease in Cleveland County! I am not sure what is going on. Maybe some of the big time drillers are going to be showing up shortly, who knows but this is real. I just want to be sure all of you know this is real and don't miss the money you should be getting. If you get a lease, I would wait at least 10-14 day before you sign it. There are some people front-running the big lease that is coming your way. Good Luck and I hope I make some of you some money!

Hi Joe-Welcome to the Cleveland Co forum. I see you live in Norman, my original home town. Just for your info, I have a lease a landman is trying to sign up on the west end of Main, next door to the Sooner Mall. He is offering 500 and 3/16 with no extension. I also have two interesting spots on the west and south edges of Lake TBird, that no one has shown any interest in so far. The rest of them my wife and I have are in the SE part of the county.

Good Luck I hope you get a well!

I signed a lease WAY too cheap at Section 29 7N 1W. A week later I got an offer for 450 per acre. Did sign one at Section 35 7N 1W for 450 per acre. Have another for Section 24 8N 1W for 450 that I have not signed yet. These are all Cleveland County.. There is a buzz that the shale is thicker in these locations I think. Everything has changed on these prospects.

Thank you so much, Joe, for sharing this information.

I don't have anything in the 3 sections you mentioned, but activity does seem to be moving closer to areas in which I do have some rights. So your heads up is very much appreciated!

Here's hoping you get some wells!

Thanks so much for this caution. Is there leasing going on all over Cleveland County, or primarily in just some spots? I just got a very low offer ($50 per acre for 3/16) for our minerals in Section 8 10N 1W. Anyone know anything about what's happening in that part of the county?