Clay County Kentucky

I just bought a large piece of property in Clay County Kentucky with 3 gas wells. All mineral rights supposedly went with the property. How do I get a copy of the original lease? When I looked up the data bases there are only 2 wells documented. One of the wells has a yellow hose running out of the side before the box that runs a long long way over my land and down the other side to I don’t know where. At the connection it smells and spits. I called the gas company and they tell me this is my problem. Who do I call? What do I do? I know nothing about gas leases other than the leases name stays with the original name. Help

How did you know which gas company to call if you had no idea where the gathering line goes?

The Internet suggests that there are three companies operating transmission lines in Clay county.

2616 - COLUMBIA GAS TRANSMISSION, LLC 32525 - VINLAND ENERGY OPERATIONS 3260 - DELTA NATURAL GAS CO INC

The pipeline company buying the production should be able to provide contact information for the operator that has your wells. Once you have that, then contact the operator to discuss the problem that you noticed and about getting a paperwork trail on the lease and related.

I was told K Petroleum had something to do with drilling the gas wells. That was why I called them. I will be contacting Delta this week as I just got a notice in the mail about “Call before you dig” . So I’m guessing they operate the transmission lines. Thanks for you help

Find Who Is Operating

Choose: Search by County

On the next web page

Select State: Kentucky

Then the Select County dropdown becomes populated with the counties in Kentucky.

Select Clay County and the contact information for Delta, Columbia and Vinland is given.

https://pvnpms.phmsa.dot.gov/PublicViewer/

Choose state: Kentucky

Choose county Clay

Then zoom in a bit to get a reasonably good idea of where your property is in Clay County.

2 Likes