Claim mineral rights

hi, i have 640 acres mineral rights in mccone county montana. i cant afford to have them put in my name. they are now in my deceased fathers estate. how can i make claim to these rights.

You can file a statement of claim for the cost of a recording fee and add as an attachment or alone an affidavit of heirship. I have also seen people convey them to themselves thru various ways, it doesn't mean you gain legal title any more than a statement of claim or affidavit of heirship but if you were made personal representative convey as personal rep to yourself. Most just record an affidavit.

Mineral Joe said:

You can file a statement of claim for the cost of a recording fee and add as an attachment or alone an affidavit of heirship. I have also seen people convey them to themselves thru various ways, it doesn't mean you gain legal title any more than a statement of claim or affidavit of heirship but if you were made personal representative convey as personal rep to yourself. Most just record an affidavit.

If any of those minerals pertain to a producing well, contact the Operator of the well, inform them of the change of ownership, and send them all the necessary documentation to prove your claim (certified copy of probate, if any, and certified copy of death certificate, probably will be required).