City of Gonzales oil lease

Several years ago the City of Gonzales signed a lease with Av-Tech on about 800 acres. I would like to know if any drilling has begun there, as I own some mineral interests inside the city limits but I have not signed the lease. The landman was threatening to "Cut me Out" if I did not sign. We were negotiating at the time but I became seriously ill and had to have 2 major surgeries and lost track of all this. Does anyone have any information on drilling or leasing activities there? Thanks...

Ann,

Do you have an Abstract, Block and Section number for this city acreage?

Clint Liles

Dear Mr. Liles,

Thank you for responding. I have interests in 21 tracts containing 44 lots, all very small fractional interests. What information I have are lot numbers and the name of the additions. The names of the additions are: King's2,4,5,6,7,8;

also, Range 2,3,4 Additions and

D D Jones Addition and Guymont Addition. The 44 lots are amongst the additions. I know this is confusing enough so I won't list the 44 lot numbers. This is really too much to figure out without a map. But any info on what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ann

Ann,

I am unable to pull up your lots on the RR Commission GIS Mapping system as they do not show Additions or Subdivisions. You can possibly find a plat map of the area in question by contacting the city or Gonzales County Clerks Office. It may cost you a few dollars. Sorry I couldn't help you. Good luck with your search.

Clint Liles

Clint,

Thank you, I will call the clerks office and see what I can get. I had looked at the RRC map also trying to determine if Av-Tech had begun drilling any wells inside the city limits but I have not been able to determine anything yet. Perhaps some locals will see my posting and have some info. I will keep digging.

Ann

Ann,

After checking all approved drilling permits for Gonzales County from january 1, 2014 to present time I see no drilling permits for Av-Tech. I suspect they were leasing for one of the major producers or leasing and flipping the leases to the major producers.

Clint Liles
Ann Horne said:

Clint,

Thank you, I will call the clerks office and see what I can get. I had looked at the RRC map also trying to determine if Av-Tech had begun drilling any wells inside the city limits but I have not been able to determine anything yet. Perhaps some locals will see my posting and have some info. I will keep digging.

Ann