City Lots

My family has over 40 city lots leased in Karnes County. They are in Karnes City, Kenedy, Fall City and Helena. Does anyone know when or if drilling has started under city lots? I figure if a well comes in they will be sending us a division order for distribution. How can I find out if they are drilling in these areas. All I have are lot and block numbers.

Suggest the best way to find out if there are wells under these towns is to go to the Tx RRC GIS map site and zoom into those areas to see what has been permitted / drilled. Having the lot / block numbers without a good base map doesn't help much (at least with the programs and sources of info that I have).

I follow activity around Kenedy very closely and am not familiar with any wells drilled under / in town yet. Closest one to this sort of situation would be the Talisman Krause 1H on the East side of town - included over 30 separatel leases (I believe) but not a true "town lot" play.

Problem with town lot drilling and horizontals is that the operator needs to have all the town lots that lie over the path of the wellbore leased to be able to legally permit and drill a well.

Plus surface logistical limitations to set a drilling pad and associated frac pond limits town lot drilling.

Thank you for the information. I looked on the site and I understood it to read that there had been drilling under Falls City.

Przzz said:

Suggest the best way to find out if there are wells under these towns is to go to the Tx RRC GIS map site and zoom into those areas to see what has been permitted / drilled. Having the lot / block numbers without a good base map doesn't help much (at least with the programs and sources of info that I have).

I follow activity around Kenedy very closely and am not familiar with any wells drilled under / in town yet. Closest one to this sort of situation would be the Talisman Krause 1H on the East side of town - included over 30 separatel leases (I believe) but not a true "town lot" play.

Problem with town lot drilling and horizontals is that the operator needs to have all the town lots that lie over the path of the wellbore leased to be able to legally permit and drill a well.

Plus surface logistical limitations to set a drilling pad and associated frac pond limits town lot drilling.