Cheyenne County offer

Hello, Like several others, I have been contacted by Paschal Energy with an offer of $50/acre and 12.5 royalty for a five year lease with a five year option at 100/acre. From what I am hearing here, this is pretty standard. But I have always thought the first offer was always low and to never accept it? Also, how can I tell were the one he is interested in is located (I have several others, but he has not mentioned them)? It is Sec 10 T14S R47W. Where on the Niobara is this located; he stated it was on the edgeof the field, but how can I tell for sure?

I sent this as an email message earlier, I am new to forums and how to send messages/questions.

If it is indeed in the Niobrara it it just barely. I see that your land is up near what we used to call the Tiny Jackson place. I think there is quite a bit of production already in that area. Paschal is offering the rest of us 15% and ours is 7 miles south of you.

Thanks for the information Don.

How can I tell where this site is and where my other rights are located? I found the maps, but do not know how to find where my rights are on the map. I do not live in the area, so I am not familiar with the local names. Any advice on how to figure this out is appreciated!

I have a map if you send me the legals I can give you a pretty good idea. Then you can look on goole earth.

I you go 5 mi. east of Kit Carson to County road 25 then about 5 mi north to CR V, then 2 miles east. The land on the north side of the road is yours. It is farm land with no structures. If you go back to the west at the intersection of 25 & v the structures you see are oil and gas well structures. Or were the last time I was out there which has been several years. Almost none of us live there anymore, but I drove a tractor in those fields when I was a kid.

The information on the site in question right now is T14S R47W sec 10

That was probably a great place to grow up! I will find a map and see if I can locate it, thanks for the information.

Don Hogan said:

I have a map if you send me the legals I can give you a pretty good idea. Then you can look on goole earth.

I you go 5 mi. east of Kit Carson to County road 25 then about 5 mi north to CR V, then 2 miles east. The land on the north side of the road is yours. It is farm land with no structures. If you go back to the west at the intersection of 25 & v the structures you see are oil and gas well structures. Or were the last time I was out there which has been several years. Almost none of us live there anymore, but I drove a tractor in those fields when I was a kid.

that land is at the intersection of county road L and cr 27. If you were facing east at that dead end the land would be on the east side of cr 27 and north of cr L. Just 2 miles east of ours. we have section 18 of that township.

Thanks, Don, I will check it on Google Earth.

If I call the cheyenne County Clerk office, is there someone there who can explain what I see on the county township maps? I do not understand what some of the information means. From what I see, I also have interest in sec 18 of the same township and range, but it is not on my list (which may not be complete). Can they help me get a complete list of what I have in the county? This is such a foreign language to me.

Don Hogan said:

that land is at the intersection of county road L and cr 27. If you were facing east at that dead end the land would be on the east side of cr 27 and north of cr L. Just 2 miles east of ours. we have section 18 of that township.

Interesting… I know that the people my Dad bought the land form in the late 40’s, still have some interest in that land. Their name was a Polish name so I’ll spell it the way it sounded to me. (Nowhiskey) Mr. Nowhiskey had died and my dad bought all but the northwest quarter of that section. The legals on that show that a lady named Koneta Doren or something like that. It would be interesting to know how you are related to whoever has interest in that property.

Hi Don,

My family name is Steele. We used to have a farm/ranch in the Elbert/Elizabeth area and my grandfather did quite a bit of speculating in the area. How we came to own rights to different areas, I have no idea. I have not been to the area in 40+ years and the land was sold 30+ (?) years ago.

Don Hogan said:

Interesting... I know that the people my Dad bought the land form in the late 40's, still have some interest in that land. Their name was a Polish name so I'll spell it the way it sounded to me. (Nowhiskey) Mr. Nowhiskey had died and my dad bought all but the northwest quarter of that section. The legals on that show that a lady named Koneta Doren or something like that. It would be interesting to know how you are related to whoever has interest in that property.