Chesapeake leasing terms in Weld County Colorado

Has anyone been able to negotiate any changes to the lease terms offered from Chesapeake in Weld maybe Adams or Morgan county? I was offered $350 for a 3+3 at 3/16ths and didn't know if anyone might have gotten them up on bonus, add a pugh clause, a straight 3 year, etc.

Is anyone else here getting an offer from Chesapeake in Weld County Colorado?

Yes,

Chesapeake made offer in Weld county $400 for a 5+2 at 12.5% royalty

My question is chesapeake a company who drills wells? Because a competing landman contends they only will lock you up and not drill.

Any ideas?

Yes, they will be drilling. They are very aggressive and starting to break away from drilling mainly for gas and go after oil. Landmen representing other companies dislike it when Chesapeake moves in as they will drive the prices way up. They are entering Weld county pretty strong, leasing and buying up other leases.

Ken, a family member has land in SE kansas that Chesapeake leased and subsequently drilled 4 gas wells. They just settled on location to add another. Mike M

ken Schwartz said:

Yes,

Chesapeake made offer in Weld county $400 for a 5+2 at 12.5% royalty

My question is chesapeake a company who drills wells? Because a competing landman contends they only will lock you up and not drill.

Any ideas?

Hey Joe,

Can I ask which area of Weld you are in? We had an offer no where near yours. We are new at this and trying to figure out what a fair deal is. Our offer was from a landman. Would appreciate the input. We are trying to learn what we can before we make any deals.

Dan,

Who did the landman represent? Chesapeake offered $350 primary with 3 year option for $350 at 3/16ths. I went for it rather than mess around as they are leasing so much that I didn't figure they'd negotiate and I was fine with everything except I didn't really like the 3 year option. A lot of other parts of Colorado they are offer less than 3/16ths royalty and not negotiating on it. I figure there is better than a 50/50 chance they won't get these drilled in 6 years so they'll be open again or I may have a producing well.

Sorry Dan I must have been lost, 1N-61W, where are yours and what was the offer?

Does anyone have a landmans name and number at Chesapeake? I cant seem to get through to one when I call their Okalhoma City main office. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

if you have any questions on leases you should contact an attorney in Centennial named Gene Burke (303) 793-3133 he is doing a lot of lease work and knows all the oil company procedures and what they are paying all over Colorado

I ran across a guys name for weld county, and have talked with him, His name; Clint Blum, Phone # 303-809-7656. Have heard an offer of up to 500,with a 15% take dropping it to 425,for a five year, don`t know if there is any over ride on this offer. this is all hear say,but will be talking with him again soon .may know more next week.

Dear Chuck - Please call me at 303-809-7656 to discuss Chesapeake.

Thanks,

Clint Blum

Chuck,

you might like to contact our office regarding an oil & gas lease on your property. We are not Chesapeake, we dont have 14 million acres under lease. we are a small independent company out of Fort Worth, Texas with about 30,000 acres under lease in Weld County, Colorado, Laramie County and Goshen County, WY.

if you are in our area of interst we will be happy to discuss a fair oil & gas lease with you.

Call 817-789-6712 and ask for one of our Niobrara Landmen. you will get to speak with a real person and should receive a real and fair offer if your acreage fits into our plans.

For Morgan and middle Adams county, that is a market deal from CHK. I’d take it.

Chuck Tucker said:

Does anyone have a landmans name and number at Chesapeake? I cant seem to get through to one when I call their Okalhoma City main office. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks