Checking To See

A Few Years Ago A Lady Called Me Out Of The Blue. This Lady Had All My Grandfather’s Info As Well As My Mothers Their Both Deceased.She Said With My Mom Being The Only Surviving Child Until Her Death In 2007.That My Grandfather Has Mineral Rights He Left Behind & My Moms Children Would Now Inherit Them She Was Gonna Give More Info At A Later Call Back But Never Heard From Her Again.I Have No Information On This.I Do Know My Grandfather Did A lot Of Hunting In West Texas.I’m Thinking She Scammed Me.What & How Do I Find Out About This? Can Anyone Guide Me?

Welcome to the forum.
If you did not sign anything, then you have not been scammed. You can look up your grandfather’s name on www.texasfile.com and see if anything shows up. You could also check the tax rolls in the counties where he went hunting to see if he owes property tax on any royalties. If you do find something, then get legal help to make sure that you are protected properly and can claim any royalties. Also check the unclaimed funds at the Texas Treasurers office and your grandfather’s state if different than Texas. She may only been fishing or had an incorrect name. Also check your mother’s name.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.