Chaparral Bankruptcy

What is the status of the Chaparral Bankruptcy? Did they go under? Did they sell their holdings to others? I got paid through 2016 for royalties in Kay County, Oklahoma but have heard nothing since. Any new info available?

I moved this to Kay County for you. I still get checks from Chaparral every month for my wells in other counties, so they may have sold your wells or the wells have stopped production. If you post your section, township and range, I can look up the wells. If you don’t want to post, you can look up the wells on the OCC well record site and see if there is a Form 1073 Change of Operator form. Test

You can look on the OK Tax Site and see if the wells still have production or are plugged and abandoned.Gross Production

FYI Perdure Petroleum took over my interest in kay co. production from Chap… They were slow to restart payment and remain a bit slow, but they are reasonably predictable today. They are located in houston Tx

CHAP entered bankruptcy then reemerged. They sold some of their western anadarko assets to Perdue and Resource OG. They kept their assets in the eastern Anadarko.

Two months after I received a letter from Chaparral on May 27, 2016 concerning Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chaparral began paying a lower decimal interest on some gas purchases in Grady County, the Hall #5-4 lease. The “Paid Interest” decimal was about 1/9 of the “Interest”. Did you find the same to be true for your royalty checks?

I suggest that you write them a letter immediately and send by certified mail and inquire about the reduced decimal interest. If your original was correct, then send a copy of the original DO and demand back payments at the correct amount.