Change Contact Information

I manage the Kilpatrick Property LLC which owns about 2 dozen properties across 9 counties. Because of health reason, my sister will take over management of the properties. I know I can change the contact information for those properties with surface rights by contacting the assessor’s office. How do I change it when the holdings are mineral rights only?

File a document with the County Clerks’ Offices where the minerals are owned. Simply a Change of Address form should work just fine & be easy to prepare. No legal help needed. Sign, have notarized, file, good to go.

1 Like

Todd is correct, but also include the legal descriptions for the minerals you own and file in each of the counties. Filing fees $18 for first page, $2 for each subsequent page.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.