Chaco Energy question about check

Just received a check from a company called Chaco Energy Co attached to some mineral rights I own in Logan county but I have never heard of them and have no idea why i would get a check from them.
Can anyone help me out?

If you could share the section township and range of your ownership we might be able to help you figure this out.

In addition to the section, township and range, look on the check and see if it is a shut in payment or if there is a well name on the check or if it is a sales offer. If it is a sales offer, DO NOT CASH IT until you find out what is going on.

Here are the rights and a snap shot of whats on the check.

It looks like Chaco just took over these Mosier wells from Red Bluff Resources Operating in November 2021. I see your ownership shows Sec 3-17N-4W and the wells are in Sec 30-17N-4W, so there may have been a typo either on your mineral deed or on their end. You should definitely contact them to verify your ownership before cashing, so you don’t run the risk of having to repay them.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/OG/Well%20Records/005BCA4B.pdf

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.