Central Culberson solicitation

I have received a solicitation for mineral interests in Blocks 64 and 65 of Township 7.

About 12 miles NE of Van Horn.

This must be in error? The property is 40 miles from any drilling activity.

Not really - some groups like to buy even isolated minerals.

I TOLD you guys Clayton Williams has his landmen all over Culberson and Hudspeth counties....buying up all the minerals he can get. He's working with 7 Billion bucks of cash from his sale of all his holdings to

Noble Permian. He intends to make another 10 to 20 Billion bucks on Culberson and Hudspeth

properties.

Who is the offer from?

I read the forum and noted where you have previously said this. But that post referenced minerals in the extreme north of the county, only a stone's throw from current drilling.

So it seems very surprising to me that anyone is interested in minerals 40-50 miles from any successful wells.

I guess by "all over" you really mean "county-wide", whereas I was taking it as a metaphor.

Thanks for the info.

It was a solicitation from Anthem Oil and Gas.

I have seen them chasing minerals in other parts of the Permian Basin - group that normally buys royalty interest (but now way to know who is backing them).

If you are truly that far from any drilling and the offer is a good one, may be something to consider. The area you describe is the part of Culberson Co that is shallow but very gassy with almost no liquids. May be LONG time before you see any drilling in this neck of the woods (Just my opinion)

I have sections of "mineral classified". Not sure if I actually outright own any minerals.

Not sure I understand the rules, but don't think I can "sell" minerals, but could only consider a lease.

So I received an “offer letter” from this same company.

They offered me about $110/acre for my “mineral classified surface interest”. Which I take to mean an outright purchAse of the land.

FWIW, this is irrigated crop land which couldn’t be bought for less than 5k/acre.

We have 20K acres of minerals in Culberson County. Block 95 and 86. Any information regarding leasing in this area? thx