Cathy Compton Kurtz:Rusk County Texas Minerals/A-16/James Latham Survey

Cathy,

After searching your Profile Page I located where your minerals are located in Rusk Co. When asking for help always state the legal description of your minerals acreage. After checking the GIS(Geographic Information System)map I see a permitted location was approved for Sabine Oil and Gas to drill a Cotton Valley sand gas well(API 401-35345) on May 15, 2015 but am fairly certain this well was never drilled.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=BUCKNER%2BGAS%2BUNIT&univDocNo=489207135

I find no spud(begin drilling)notification. There are some good natural gas wells in this area.

GIS map of Rusk County A-16/James Latham Survey:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Thank you for responding Clint. Sorry I forgot to provide the legal description. Thank you for helping me out. .

Since the lease has expired & no actual drilling occurred, am I fine if another oil company wants to lease the mineral rights? Do you know if activity is picking up in this area? I am sure things are starting up again now that Trump is in office, but I wasn't sure.

Cathy I went back to the GIS map and I see no activity in the surrounding area. And yes, you are now clear to lease to some other company. Tanos Exploration seem to be the driller that is showing the most activity in Rusk County for the past 6 months. They are drilling numerous Cotton Valley gas wells. I'm sure more wells would be drilled but the price of natural gas is very low at this time.

Clint Liles

Clint I am still referring the above minerals in Rusk County (James Latham Survey). I had previously leased to Sabine Oil and about the time they acquired the drilling permit, they filed for bankruptcy and never moved forward. My lease has now expired. I am hopeful that either they will or another oil company will submit a new lease to me and hopefully drill in the near future. I understand from your postings on the Henderson County page, that one should ask for 25% royalties. Can you give me an idea as to what mineral acres are going for in a lease?? Thanks Cathy Compton Kurtz