Casings break on ALL 4 wells....What does this mean?

Just informed by our landman that casings on all 4 of our wells in the unita basin broke and are being replaced. He said it is extremely rare that the casings break and especially all of them at once. Not sure what to believe because I have heard things can be misconstrued with the landmen but does anyone have intel on why this may have happened?

Are these very old wells? Technically casing doesn't "break" once it is installed. Did he perhaps say "tubing" instead of "casing"? That would actually make more sense.

no he said casing. wells are about 2.5-3 years

Casings can absolutely collapse or fail. That said, I can't say I've ever heard of four wells doing so at the same time. Must have been some terrible work from the git-go.

Joshua, I'm not familiar with the Utah's regulatory agency, but I'm sure there is some sort of online resource to check on the status of these wells.

Amazing! Unbelievable, but, as always, anything is possible. Something is very, very wrong. There could be a claim against the casing supplier. Continue to ask a lot of questions. Ask different people to get different stories. Try to find out who else is in the same unfortunate boat with you and contact them for a concerned, unified, informed group. Good luck. Bob Malone, Oil and Gas Auditor