Carter Co. Ok Proposed Plan of Unitization

I received a Proposed Plan of Unitization from Continental Resources re: Chelsea Unit. I’m really uneducated about royalties in general, other than just super thankful for them. They ask for a signed ratification. Can anyone help me understand this? Is there really a choice? Thanks!

So far I’ve received three of these.

1S-2W

Sec. 29,30,31&32 “Lexington Unit” to commence Q1 2020 - Complete by year end 2024

2S-3W

Sec. 1,2,11&12 “Chelsea Unit” to commence Q1 or Q2 2020 - Complete by year end 2024

Sec. 13,14,23&24 “Seaport Unit” to commence Q1 2020 - Complete by year end 2024

All cite increased recovery, prevent waste, facilitate cost savings and reduce surface disturbances as reasons for unitization and the same being for the common good and will provide substantial economic benefit to both royalty and working interest owners.

All state Continental anticipates drilling an estimated 9 to 17 Horizontal Woodford wells with approximate average lateral length of 9,800’.

All sections are allocated roughly 24% to 25% for each proposed 4 section unit. No mention of per well or project cost is made.

It would appear CLR intends to present these ratifications along with their leasehold to the OCC when it comes time to file development applications. Could this be the solution to warding off potential protesters the OCC?

Frankly, I’ve never seen HZ development purposed in this manner - especially in Carter Co… Can anyone provide an example?

Continental is very experienced at drilling giant projects like these. Check out the SPRINGBOARD topic on the forum or go to the Continental website. Probably what they are planning to do in the Carter area.

I have the same 3 from Continental… in the letter it says “drilling section line wells, which would not be permitted under ordinary spacing”…that’s what they are doing…imnot signing anything until I see the order…what are you doing…I need on this too…thanks

This is my answer for a similar offer nearby…

When is it advisable to hire an attorney to contest this updated unitization?

I wouldn’t do it unless you can convince 35% of the folks not to do it or you have a very sizable mineral interest. Good luck with that.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Our Landman is recommending that we (family) hire an attorney to contest the unitization.