Cancelled Permits

I was surprised in yesterdays Daily Activity Report to read that two permits that were issued just a few months ago were cancelled. I thought that permits were valid for a full year and was curious why an operator would cancel rather than let them expire.

It is understood that there is a lot of speculation in what operators intentions are.

Is there a possibility the reason for canceling the permits is to apply for new permits targeting a different zone than originally listed?

Hoping for the best and do not want to give my Dad disappointing news.

Thank you for any thoughts.

KJ:

I learned a long time ago not to second guess the actions of oil operators. You can speculate all day but one way to get a possible answer is to contact the operator. They might shed light on why they cancelled these permits. If not, sit back and wait to see if additional permits are sought.

This showed up in the well file(s) yesterday.

# 26241 - This location moved. The SHL was adjusted 100' S and 146' E and MD is 39' difference. Longstring casing points have been adjusted.

# 26242 - This location moved. The SHL was adjusted 55' S and 100' E and MD is 6' deeper. Longstring casing points have been adjusted.

What is SHL and MD?

Thank you.

SHL - Surface Hole Location

MD - Measured Depth

K J Ktytor said:

This showed up in the well file(s) yesterday.

# 26241 - This location moved. The SHL was adjusted 100' S and 146' E and MD is 39' difference. Longstring casing points have been adjusted.

# 26242 - This location moved. The SHL was adjusted 55' S and 100' E and MD is 6' deeper. Longstring casing points have been adjusted.

What is SHL and MD?

Thank you.