Canadian County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Devon lied again, still no division order. They told me that the title opinion was complete so there is no reason that I can see for any delay. Again the are not returning my calls.

Regarding Sec 9-13N-9W, Chesapeake has refused to drill a well even though there have been numerous offsetting section completions.

Does anyone else have an interest in this section?

I understand your frustrations Phil, we have interest in 4-13n-9w which is just north of section 9 and we are in the same boat Chesapeake has held these 2 sections for some reason. They have got two wells staked but haven’t done anything with it for over a year.

David:

Chesapeake has told me they have no plans to drill in this section nor will they farmout their interest (Devon is very interested in the section).

I am working on “a demand to develop” letter to Chesapeake and will keep you informed of any progress.

Please do, thank you.

I got my division order finally today from Devon. It is signed and back in the mail.

Good!

I got an unsolicited letter from Stable Energy Resources asking to lease my oil & gas rights on SW/4 of Section 15-14N-06W in Canadian County. I have no idea how to determine if their offer is fair or even if I want to do it. How can I investigate this? Thanks!

Margaret They are drilling a Multiunit Horizontal well that is going under section 18 & 19-14n-6w . The pooling order for this well ordered the Oil Co. to offer $1100 for 1/8th or 1000 for 3/16th. In 14n-7w where they have drilled several well they have been ordered to offer $1300 for 1/8th or 1200 for 3/16th. Plainview & Devon also have leased. in 14n-6w. The terms of your lease are also very important to understand and can make a big difference. It would be good to come back to the Forum before you sign and go over the terms . If you care to call I will give you my #. Take your time and do your research .

Canadian: Devon Energy Production Co. LP; McCray No. 2-26H Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 26-13N-10W; 5,522,000 cu-ft gas per day, 48 barrels oil per day; TD 17,722.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; McCray No. 3-26H Well; NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 26-13N-10W; 6,355,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 17,571.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; McCray No. 3-26H Well; NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 26-13N-10W; 6,355,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 17,571.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; McCray No. 4-26H Well; NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 26-13N-10W; 6,080,000 cu-ft gas per day, 48 barrels oil per day; TD 17,514.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; McCray No. 6-26H Well; SW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 26-13N-10W; 4,848,000 cu-ft gas per day, 95 barrels oil per day; TD 17,875.

Clint Lyles:

The OCC had an increased density hearing scheduled for April 9 regarding

Sec 35-13N-10W.

Would you have access to the hearing results?

Thanks

Phil

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/OCC4370758.PDF

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/OCC4358709.PDF

Phil it was recommended on 4/30/13 but the order has not been posted yet .

Phil,

I don’t have a source for that info but Rick Howell could probably be of assistance to you.

Clint Liles

Ron:

Thank you for the info.

M. D. Wood,

Pertaining to Ferrell Oil.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Energy-Industry-Oil-2441/2010/3/Top-Leas…

Clint Liles

For a long time now, I’ve noticed a lot of transactions in the county clerks records (especially in the Woodford shale areas) involving Ferrell Oil. Most of the time after they buy something, there is an almost immediate sale to someone else, and of course from the recording fees you call tell there is a healthy profit.

I guess there are a lot of lessons here regarding contracts etc., but the good thing is that if you actually did sell it to them, you probably weren’t getting the best price.

Thanks for the heads up M. D.,

HMMMMM. Sounds like something Chesapeake would pull.

Clint Liles

I inheriated some mineral rights in Canadian County, Section 35, 11N, 9W. how do i find out if this is of value or if there is any drilling going on at the moment?

This land is in the general area of Woodford Shale drilling. Immediately to the east, in section 36, a Woodford well was drilled in 2010. It was fair for the area. There are several more wells in the township, mainly to the north, but also across the county line to the Southeast. With natural gas prices relatively low, I would not guess there would be any drilling in the immediate future on your section, but things could change. It definitely has value, especially if you are patient.

Thank you for your thoughts, JW. You have been very helpful.