Canadian County 35-14N-5W activity?

Does anyone know of any activity in Canadian County 35-14N-5W, or any offers to purchase mineral rights? There is one active well in the NE quarter that began producing in the late 1990’s, from which I now receive small royalty payments. A company has made an offer to purchase my minerals rights. If the price is right, I might consider it. I’ve checked OCC and there have been no new permits posted, but assume an offer may mean there is something going on. I also checked the Canadian County Clerk and see that several mineral sales have happened in 2017 in this same section close to my interest for about four times what I’m being offered per acre. I would appreciate advice.

The reason you are getting offers is that there is an increase in cases at the OCC. Red Bluff has possible horizontals planned for 30, 31 and 34. Marathon in 27. Red Bluff pooled 30 for $2600 3/16, $2500 1/5 which isn’t shabby. So yes, there is activity close by. I have found sales offers are usually quite low on the first round and means that they know something I don’t know and they expect to make a profit off of me. I would rather make that profit. If you are in the “curious, but not in a hurry” category, you might want to hold off. If you are serious about selling then you need to get a competitive bid situation going.

Thanks so much for the info on cases. I need to bite the bullet and do what I need to be able to use the case processing web app at the OCC website. I’m only interested in selling if given a fair offer, and not in a hurry. Again, thanks for your dedication to helping members.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

https://www2.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

You might check out this post as well: Information for Inexperienced Royalty Owners.

The Basic Information for the Oklahoma Royalty Owner has instructions for setting up your computer to use the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website and how to use it. If you still need help, their Oil and Gas Public Assistance Department phone number is 405-521-2613.

I do use all three of those links at OCC thanks to your help in the past. When you mentioned “cases” previously, I thought you must have gotten the info from the OCC Case Processing Web Application. I can’t get that to open for me. I’ve followed all the special instructions using Internet Explorer, but can’t get the Java program to install after the jinitiator program installs - I get an error about verifying specified transform paths.

Sharyn, I have had the same problem. Somehow I want to blame Microsoft pushing the use of Edge and diminishing the functions of Explorer which they are trying to phase out. I know that may be incorrect because I am so ignorant about computer systems!

I seem to remember having the same problem. Call the Public Assistance Department. They can either help you or refer you to the tech support people. If you get the State of Oklahoma tech support , you may have to be persistent until they can get you back to someone who knows specifically the OCC system. Also, once you get it working and you click to view an image, you will probably have to go to the top of the box and pull it down to see the screen behind it to find the document.

Thanks to your info that I read a couple of days ago in your post to another member, I found Mineral Deeds in my section from 2017 at the Canadian Clerks website that had the actual number of acres on them, making it possible to calculate what they were paid per acre. Out of several Mineral Deeds, I found 6 with actual acres sold, which was great info for evaluating what I was being offered. So, I wanted to thank you for your original post with this advice. Thanks also for the phone # and further thoughts on getting the Case Processing app to work…

You’re very welcome. If you can stand a little more advice, it would be to ask yourself “what does the person you wants to buy my minerals know that I don’t know.” They are recovering oil and gas now that would have been unheard of even 10 years ago. There are vast reserves in the ground that still can’t be tapped with the current technology, but technology is improving rapidly. People try to disparage those who say, “Grandpa always said, ‘Don’t sell your minerals.’” To those who say that doesn’t apply today, I say, “Where would I be if Grandpa had sold them way back when?” I would have missed the boom in the 70’s-80’s where some wells are still paying today, and I would be missing out on what’s happening now and in the future. So this Grandma is giving the same advice to her grandchildren today as my grandpa gave me.

2 Likes

Wesley, it helps to know someone else is having the same problem - not alone - wish OK would make case info more easily accessible as this Jinitiator program is pretty old. I found fixes for the windows installer error that go back many years, putting the problem in microsoft’s lap, but it requires entering code and I really don’t want to go there as I’m no computer expert, either. You can get to case docs if you know the court case #'s, but that’s limited. I guess I’ll call tech support in OK.

Just found my old info with a link to this information: http://www.occeweb.com/Orawebapps/fix.htm and a phone # 405-521-2444 for OMES service desk. Don’t know if the phone # is current or not.

1 Like

Sharyn,

I to have had the most difficult time trying to get on the OCC case search oracle program. I followed the Mac instructions to the T and couldn’t get it to work and the OCC help desk wasn’t much help. As far as know what the fair market offer is for your mineral rights I sent you a private message which you can access my clicking the button in the upper right hand corner with your initial on it.

Cam

I gave up using a MAC with the OCC. It was more designed for the PC, but really old software.

Yep, I have given up. Pangaea is a much better service as everything is compiled in one place, but it is fairly expensive so no ideal for everyone.

I use Drilling Info. I had Pangaea for a while, but they didn’t have the kind of maps I needed, so went with DI. There is another one out there now called Oseberg which is very intriguing.

Hi Ms. Barnes, we got some documents taken care of. And once again have same landman at the “computer” your quotes of 2600.00 and 2500.00, those are lease quotes, right, since you referenced the royalties…since time is always passing between activity, I forget some things.

I have 640 mineral & royalty acres in canadian county sec 23 14-N- 9W, that I want to sell, what is the best way of going about that. Don 816 529-8272

You probably have a small subset of 640 acres as it would be extremely rare to have all of a section after this many generations. I checked some of the old OCC records and there are quite a few more owners. You need to figure out what you own first.

Do you have old probate documents, a lease, a deed, etc. You have producing minerals on the section. Are you ready to give those up? Are you ready to give up any future production? Once you figure out what you have, then you can contact an auction house or three and see what they will offer you. Never give up a deed without getting payment at the same time.

How do I finds these auction houses?