Cana Woodford Shale (AKA Anadarko Woodford) - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

You don't like the "County Jail Orange" look?

Michael and Gary; Devon is leasing and drilling heavily in the Logan and Payne county area. They only have to drill down to around 6,000 feet to get to the Woodford and Mississippian formations and then horizontal, so around 11,000 feet, cheaper on drilling prices. Devon currently has 6 rigs in the area, good initial production rates mainly oil, but they are in need of water badly. Check out the Logan and Payne County forums.

Richard, I tried the Logan forum but got nothing out of it becase there was some guy wearing a hat blathering about exerything but oil and gas!

A short read! Sounds like it's coming down in your country, Hutch.

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/844981?source=email_rt_mc_readmore

Orange is fine~it's the smile I miss! lol

Linda, We got room for a little more, already got the Seaway pipeline about 1/4 mile from my house. I seems weird that oil from Cushing, Ok. is flowing under my old backyard.

o.k. I'll try to find one of those rare pictures where I was smiling!

Just a little news. Just got the Campbell started flowing back so don't know anything yet.

A friend told us today that he had talked to a Newfield man that said the Tina was the best well they had gotten yet! Wow, that would have to be a Lalapaloozer to beat the Casados so I guess we'll see. Is that the first well that they have that goes through two complete sections? I know the Campbell will be just as long or longer but didn't know if the Tina is the longest lateral so far.

Newfield man told someone that they were laying down pipe today on some well but P. didn't hear which one so guess they finished drilling it. Didn't know if they were talking about one of the first Branch wells or another. There's suppose to be 6 rigs for Newfield in that area down there and we know 5 of them are on the Branches. I don't know where the 6th one is unless it's one on the north side of Rush Creek. I know one of those is Continental. Can anybody shed any light on that?

Linda-Can you give me the sec/T/R and test on the Casados? I guess there is no test on the Tina published yet but could you give me sec/T/R?

Don..I don't really think the report has come out yet on the Casados in Stephens Co. yet. Just word of mouth from a Newfield guy it came in at 800 bbls. of oil per day and 10 million cubic feet of gas but has since been choked back to about half that. I believed they perforated in about a third of Sec. 21 2n,4w and all of 28 2n,4w for the Casados.

On the Tina the pad was in Sec. 2 2n,4w but I don't think they perforated in 2 but went clear through to the north into Garvin Co. Sec. 35 and 26 3n,4w and perforated all of them. I had heard it was really a good well and was "just getting better and better" the man said but I never heard any numbers.

Don..I heard that Continental got a GIANT of a well up somewhere close to your royalty. Any truth to that?

Thanks for the info. Yes I heard that about three weeks ago as the big well being in 7N-6W where my interests is. My guess it is the Wilkerson in Sec 20. Could be the Walters in Sec 22 or the Igo in Sec 27. The Healy in Sec 7 tested 487 bod and 827,000 gas. That is a pretty good well.

I have a map built for the play in the SCOOP and have quite a bit of info on it. No tthat far up to date on the part towards Gravin County. I have got a contour representation in 7N-6W based on where the wells hit the Woodford and it makes sense with my understanding of the way the rocks are laid down in the Anadrko Basin.

On the west side of the Township 7N-6W there are five units now completed and they are basically N-S in the Township. It is interesting as to the variationof the tests in these four wells. They are from north to south:

Healy Sec 7 487 bod 827,000 gas

Ballard Sec 17 212 bod 869,000 gas

Wilkerson Sec 20 Is this the big well????

Dana Sec 29 118 bod 2,500,000 gas My inerest Sec 30

Nunn Sec 32 182 bod 1,950,000 gas

This is a good representation to mineral owners in the SCOOP that there can be good wells and not so good wells within a mile of one another. Mineral owners must also remember that for several operators in the area establishing the Held by Production is a near term goal to hold as many leases as they can as quickly as they can.

Once the various operators get their leasehold Held By Production and this production on any given well has the ability to produce for as least 10 years they will go into a multi well per unit drilling mode, i.e, six wells per unit. Operators with a smaller leasehold, say Newfield, may enter into the multi well per unit quicker.

It is going to be frustrating to some mineral owners with one producing well seeing the unit next door to them get six wells drilled in a short period of time. There are many facets about the decesion to drill multiple wells in a unit. Geology, financial, price of oil and gas, rig availability and other considerations

The various operators have 100% of the rights to drill the extra wells in a unit as they see fit. Nothing a mineral owner can do will change that. A mineral owner with production should make sure all their estate is in order because these wells will be here for a very long time.

Quoting the Daily Oklahoman today:

"COMPANY COMPLETES RECORD WELLS"

"Newfield Exploration Co. is actively drilling on its 125,000 net acre position in Oklahoma's Cana Woodford Shale play, the Texas-based company said this week. Newfield, which is operating six rigs in the play has completed 30 wells to date. It recently completed three consesecutive record wells. The most recent included an 8,000-foot lateral. Newfield said well perforance in the play continues to meet or exceed expectations."

Ok Guys...Is the Casados or the Tina an 8,000 ft. lateral?

Don,

Your last four paragraphs are exactly what is happening to me over in Carter Co., just south of the Ardmore airport. XTO is drilling multiple wells just about all around my one producing well. I have an empty pad that has been there since sometime in October, with no activity.

I guess this is a lesson in aquiring patients. My increase Density Order expires in June.

Linda, Casados total length: 7231ft. Tina 1H-26X: 10510ft.

The completion report on the Tina 1H-26X was not very impressive for that length: 349bopd 1604mcfd http://www.occpermit.com/WellBrowse/Webforms/WellInformation.aspx?ID=578006

If you compare total length the Kelly 1H-11 is the better well, 5091ft completed with 608 bopd 3067mcfd.

Huh? I guess they could be rounding it off and calling the Casados an 8,000 ft. lateral?

Remember, the Newfield guy said the Tina came in good but just kept getting better and better all the time! Like I said I didn't hear any numbers but a man told me today that a Newfield man said the Tina was the best one they had gotten yet. I'm not really sure whether they got the Casados or the Tina on line first so I didn't know whether they were comparing the Tina with the Casados or not when he made the statement. It's not that important I guess. I was just wondering.

Yep, it was a really good one, for sure for it's length! I believe that was one of the wells mentioned in their report Wed. morning wasn't it?

I figure when we hear Continental's conference call next week we'll get the skinny on their big wells this last quarter! We'll be all ears! So, we'll know who to hit up to buy the chicken wings for the party!!! lol

Linda, How was the production shared in Sec 21 when only 1/3 was fracked? I have the same proposal in Sec 6 2N 3W. 18 and 6 will be before the commission for comingling. Sec 6 will be on the tail end and I do not want a partial percentage. There would be a class action if the unfracked portion is not released at the end of the primary term.

Hopefully the well will be compled the proposed lateral distant.

Tom