Calvin Energy LLC

I just received an offer from Calvin Energy LLC for my Section 10-05N-7W in Grady County.

I am inclined to decline, any info on these folks?

Curt,

There have been several leases recorded on that section by Unit Petroleum. Chances are Calvin is a broker who would end up flipping the leases to Unit or whoever ends up as operator if it gets drilled.

maybe a good Idea to contact unit petro

Hi,

I just found this forum as a new member & I see there is some "chatter" about Calvin Energy. That is how I found this website--Googling Calvin Energy... I too got an offer to lease from Tucker Oil, on behalf of Calvin Energy around the 1st of June. I see that some say this is what has been termed a "low ball offer." It is hard for me to tell what the going price is for a lease, as there is very little about that in this area. The offers I have seen so far on here are all over the place. On the other hand, I haven't received an offer to lease this section (16 4N 7W) for quite some time. So I was considering leasing it, considering the seeming lack of interest in this area. There is a good producing well next door in section 20. There must be some drilling going on in the area because Ponotoc Energy just filed a request with OCC to put a disposal well in section 20--4N 7W. Anyway, I am interested to know if anyone has recently leased anywhere near this area, to Calvin, or anyone else, & what they might have obtained per acre, etc. Does anyone have any information on leasing in this area? Thanks for any feedback

My family has also received an offer from Calvin Energy,LLC for land we own in Section 35, Township 8 North, Range 8 West I.M. Lot 1 SE/4 SW/4 Grady County... About 80 acres.

It has been in the family a very long time & I think the last lease was dated 1992 for $300/acre & 3/16 for 3 years as I recall. My uncle asked me to inquire about what should we be expecting from this?

Is Calvin Energy,LLC the company that wants to actually lease the land or is it a broker?

I see in the discussion panel that some have received much higher figures per acre in other sections by other companies so I'm not so sure we should talking to Calvin Energy,LLC.

Can anyone give me more insight on this matter or give their opinion?

Rob

And has anyone have any information on Ranger Oil, Ltd?

I understand they are also working in nearby sections...

Rob Clayton said:

My family has also received an offer from Calvin Energy,LLC for land we own in Section 35, Township 8 North, Range 8 West I.M. Lot 1 SE/4 SW/4 Grady County... About 80 acres.

It has been in the family a very long time & I think the last lease was dated 1992 for $300/acre & 3/16 for 3 years as I recall. My uncle asked me to inquire about what should we be expecting from this?

Is Calvin Energy,LLC the company that wants to actually lease the land or is it a broker?

I see in the discussion panel that some have received much higher figures per acre in other sections by other companies so I'm not so sure we should talking to Calvin Energy,LLC.

Can anyone give me more insight on this matter or give their opinion?

Rob