Caddo Sec 1 10N 9W

Looking for any information regarding Caddo County Sec. 1 10N 9W. My family members have oil & gas leases for SW/4 of Section 1,10N, 9W. We currently have lease agreements with Cimarex. Our lease is a standard 3/16th's, three year and it expires June 2013. The last lease renewal we were paid $1,000 AC for a three year lease. In the recent past we have been contacted by Dale Resources and Arrowhead Resources asking if we would like to sell our interests.

I do know Cimarex drilled a well in the NE 1/4, NE 1/4, NE 1/4 of Section 1, 10N, 9W in 11/09. Well was/is 18,494ft, "Straight Arrow" well, number 1-36H. Would my rights and Cimarex lease in SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W have any relationship to the Straight Arrow well in the NE 1/4, NE 1/4, NE 1/4 of Section 1, 10N? I have had no contact from Cimarex about this. Is it possible I should be getting payments from Cimarex from the "Straigth Arrow well as it's in Section 1 of 10N, 9W?

I think my rights in the SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W might have been pooled a few years ago, not sure. Maybe this was in advance of Cimarex drilling their Straight Arrow well, number 1-36H? Would I have been pooled into the area covered by the Cimarex 1-36H well or ??. If I was pooled into this well should I have been noticed in some manner? If this well is producing and I was pooled into it should I receive payments of some type? Does any one have info about this possible pooling if it did take place?

Is SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W in a good area?

Thanks for any info provided, I'm new to all this and have no real knowledge of how all this works.

Comment by Steve Enos on Sunday
Delete Comment

Steve, the Straight Arrow has the surface location in 1-10N/9W but all production comes from 36-11N/9w. They drilled the verticle hole to depth and then turned north under the section line and began the completion interval in section 36. In a case like this only the surface owner is paid for the use of his land to drill the verticle, no royalties are paid to sec 1 mineral owners. You might want to join the Caddo County group for more information on the area.

Michael, thank you for the information. At least this shows some "action" in the area of our rights holdings. My rights are in the SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W and they might have been pooled a few years ago, not sure. I joined the Caddo County group and posted there too. I'm looking for any information on the area. I would also like to know if our location is a "good" location and is it in the Anadarko Woodford area that has a possible future. Thanks again!