Caddo s2 t5n r9w

I’ve now stumbled upon another will and have done more digging. I have come across some wells under my husband’s g.g. grandmother’s name (Lemon). There was apparently 80 acres and there were several wells and most are apparently still active according to the occ site. We live on the opposite side of the state and have plans to go down in a few months. But my questions are… since Caddo county is not online, is there another way we can find out whether or not the property (minerals) are still owned by the surviving family members or if anyone is collecting payment from these still active wells and if so can we find out who that would be?

The only wells still alive in section 2-5N-9W are Thunderdome 1-2 (July 2019), Gross Jr. 2-2 (Nov 19) and Marchand 1 (Dec 19) John C Wade (July 19). State #3-36 (Nov 19) The websites may be a few months behind. Some are listed as active on the OTC site, but have not had production in at least 12 months. Gross Production You can contact the operators of the wells that you think might have been hers and talk to the division order analyst.

I do see a George William Lemon on a respondents list for that section. Does that sound like a relative. They did not have an address for him. Marathon was looking for him back in 2001. You might contact them and also Mack Oil, Citation, as they had some of the old Lemon wells.

Have you tried looking in the OK treasurer’s unclaimed funds? Have you tried looking in the MOEP part of the OCC site. MOEA Search

This section is part of the Cement field so has several levels of pay. I see about 12 Lemon wells, but the last production was in 1984 that have the “Lemon” name in them.

1 Like

George William Lemon is actually the son of the original owner and my husband’s great grandfather. I was just actually looking up Citation. The whole 80 acre section should be same owner/family or at least split up between the 8 or 9 kids that the original owner had. George actually died in 1949 but left a wife and 8 children, one of them was my husband’s grandmother Gladys Shirley (Lemon) Cook. I’ve looked on that site ‘MOEA search’ and the OK Treasurer funds… and have never found any of them in either. I did find the name Citation as recently as 12/2019 on one of them and I was going to try calling them tomorrow or sending an email. There are a few with Ardelia, A.F. Lemon, Lemon, or any other variation like formerly lemon and currently ‘East Cement Unit’ etc.

Where do you see a respondents list that included him or who was looking for him in 2001? Where are you finding that information? The more I ask, the more knowledge I gain and can explain to the rest of the heirs involved.

I have a subscription service that I use, but you can also use the case file search and look up the cases that go with the sections you find. You may have to go back in time to before 1949 to get a clear picture. Those may not be online, but if you know heirs names, you can search on them. Case Processing Online

The case numbers for the ones I found are 200003509 and 200202112

Just to let you know, Section 2-5N-9W is very difficult title. Next to town of Cement.

Lemon’s probably had some interest in E/2 SE/4. Again title very difficult there.

I agree. It is quite complicated. There are many small tracts with complex histories.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.