Caddo County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Citation may be in there as well. I expect interest to be picking up.

So there seems to be some activity in the area near our rights, Sec. 15, 10N-10W. Can anyone list who is working/drilling that area? I know in the past Cimarex (sp) was, are they still predominantly in that area?

The most recent leasing in 9N-10W was done by Kirkpatrick Oil & Gas, Gasdeke Holdings, Calyx Energy, Hidden Mountain LLC and Rivers Edge LLC 1/8th (don’t do it), 3/16ths and 1/5th are currently posted. I have heard Cimarex and Continental Resources are in the general area. Not sure how current that is. Nothing pending at the OCC. Each section can have hundreds of owners due to fractionation of rights as they pass down to future generations.

Caddo map with Section, township and ranges.

Caddo%20County%20Map.pdf

I received a poor offer from Swanson Oil in May for 160 ac in section 12. I countered by email and followed up by phone, but have not had further reply from the landman Nathan Foster. Has anyone else had similar experience with Swanson Oil? I have no contact info for the company, only for the landman who has gone silent.

anyone have a phone number for Swanson Oil?

We had an offer from Swanson Oil a few months ago also. After getting a draft copy of the lease agreement, and we countered, we’ve heard nothing else. Our acres are in section 4 and a different landman.

Swanson was still filing leases in May. A couple of things could be happening. Sometimes, a leasing company is given a directive by an operator or investor for a certain number of acres. When they have that, they are done. Also, sometimes the leasing company hires contract landmen and that can be pretty fluid. If they disappear or find another job, their files disappear, emails go defunct and things fall through the cracks. You might want to contact Swanson directly and ask what is going on.

SWANSON OIL & GAS LLC 334 WEST MAIN STREET #426 Norman, OK 73072

We had a similar experience with Swanson Oil for Section 35 8N 11W. The landman made an offer, we countered, and then heard nothing. When I emailed him to ask whether Swanson was still interested, the email was returned as undeliverable. It sounds as if Swanson is no longer in the leasing picture.

Hi Jeff- I believe this is a tactic to pressure you but even if it is not, I think a pooling order would be at least give you a deal at this level. What you lose in pooling is the chance to add specific clauses that protect you (depth clause, Pugh clause, surface owner protections and so forth). Looking at previous pooling orders, I found two in 8N 11W- one in Sec 12 in 2014 at $400 and 3/16 and one in sec 28 in 2015 at $600 and 3/16. The pooling order isn’t necessarily the best offer that any mineral owner received but it is the only publicly available benchmark. I hope this helps you. Based on this info, I still think $300 is low.

Also Jeff, earlier in this leasing cycle, I had been in back and forth conversations with a particular land man and all of a sudden he went silent. About three months later, I was able to contact his company and I found out he had moved to another company. There was no hand off of our case. So what M. Barnes says is right. It can be many reasons. The key for me is not to jump to the conclusion that you have been too demanding or did something wrong (as long as you have been courteous and professional in the discussion, of course :wink: We Mineral Owners have to develop patience and nerves of steel in the face of these pros.

Any updates on Swanson? My client just received a call from the landman with threats of forced pooling. I’m familiar with the forced pooling statutes in OK, but I was surprised due to the lack of response to our counter offer. Does anyone know if they have secured enough acreage to start the process? Our last offer in Sec. 30, T8N, R11W was $300 and 3/16th for a 3 year lease.

Re: Swanson. The landman we have been dealing with told me Swanson (a front for a large oil company) has shut down the project where our mineral rights are located, but will honor offers already made. They will not negotiate their lease or terms, however.

Question for someone new. My family has mineral interest here in Caddo county that signed a lease only a small portion of their section for $2,200 an acre at the end of March. So far, they have not received their bonus check.

My question is, how long is the normal time frame and does the Corporation Commission oversee or monitor this activity?

Jim, if they signed a draft payment letter, the terms are in the letter. Many of us have gotten burned by those and won’t sign them as we will not generally turn over a lease without getting paid. Some unscrupulous lessees will take a lease and then try to flip it for more (nothing wrong with that) but they want to use someone else’s money to pay. If they did not sign a draft payments letter, then they need to start sending certified return receipt letters demanding payment. After about two of those, start sending a copy to the OCC, but I doubt they will help.

Some recent leases in 10-10 have received $2000 and 3/16 for 3 years.

Any experience with Cockereel Engergy for leasing in S11 8N 10W? Thanks.

Thanks, Pat O. I was waiting until after July 4th to contact them. I’ll let you know. It seems like the guy had four names!

I called the Cockerell land man. Cockerell has ceased leasing in Caddo due to depressed O&G retail prices.

http://www.naturalgasintel.com/canawoodfordinfo