Caddo County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Just received an offer from Chesapeake in T10-R13. Any info on the going rates in this area?

Last pooling in 10N-13W was in April 2014, so keep in mind that oil prices were high then. section 30 pooled for $600 and 3/16 or $0 and 1/4.

Just a word of caution, donā€™t be the first horse out of the gate. First offers are usually low and first lease forms are negotiable because you donā€™t want what they will offerā€¦

Caddo%20County%20Map.pdf

Only one dry hole, not much activity in the area. 26-9N-13W

Looking for information on 9N 13W section 26. Is there a Map to reference? I have used one for Colorado but havenā€™t see one for Oklahoma.

anyone see activity at:

Section 26-8N-11W: NE4
Section 22-8N-11W: SE4
My lease is up and Iā€™m trying to find some infomraiton

Looks like Turner O&G was doing some leasing for Continental as late as 2014 in 26. some folks were getting 1/4th. They were also leasing in 22, so you might contact them.

Iā€™m assuming some of you are aware of the class action suit chieftain-enervest After reading all the court doc by the time some 800 wells involved and the attorneys get their money I might get a small check. Sad that this even had to happen

Lots of leasing by Bearcat in the area in 2013 and 2014. Time will tell.

No drilling yet, but a pooling is pending in Sec 35.

Is there anything happening in section 23, 7N, 11W? Or nearby?

I would appreciate a little advice from my friends!

Ref: 24-12N-13W (Caddo Cty) Linn Energy did a P&A on the Jessie-1 vertical gas well(about 14,000 ft.) last year. It came on line in 1991. I now have an offer to lease from Bearcat for 3/16 royalty and $500/acre.

for 3 years.

I researched the Owner Registry and found a lease signed in Jan-2015 in 24-11N-13W for the same offer. My question is: Does the fact that my location has a previous record of known gas reserves increase the bonus value of my minerals or the royalty value? I am only trying to establish a current value since I, personally, will not lease while gas is so low. However my relatives show some interest.

A little advice, please.

Happy 2016 everyone. I spent some time over Christmas trying to make sense of my well data on the OCC website. I am trying to determine if these wells (gas) are producing at capacity or are the operators constricting production waiting for gas prices to recover. Is there any way to know?

Steve,

There is no way to know for the layman. The completion report shows what the choke on the well was, but only for the 24 hours of the test. As a geologist, I can tell you that the prudent operator balances the performance of the well to draw as much into the wellbore without pulling in water (especially with gas wells), make the reservoir last as long as possible, make the most money in the long run (which can be decades) and balance their total portfolio of wells to meet certain business criteria. Each well must fit into that much larger scenario. Each company has their own set of criteria.

Mineral owners:www.okenergytoday.com provides daily Completion Reports and Permits to Drill on the left hand column under the same name. All other well information for your county including Spud Reports, ownership changes, permits to re-drill, etc, can be found under Royaltiy Owners Corner, also on the left side.If you wish to subscribe to our free Daily Email Newsletter, click on the Subscribe button

Sorry Ray, none

I donā€™t see any activity at all in 35-11N-13W. There are a few leases in 3-10N-13W from early-mid 2015. That is just south of you.

Where did you see that they were pooling? I checked the OCC website and it is not listed there yet. It might be shortly. But given that there is no leasing activity and no drilling in the area, that seems unusual. Palm Energy and Chesapeake were leasing in 3-10N-13W early last year. I donā€™t think Chesapeake is able to do much of anything right now and I donā€™t know anything about Palm.

Depends upon how the Firefly well does. In general, it would tend to pick up if the oil and gas prices get up higher. Caddo is not in the sweetest area so needs much better prices.

Ray, there was a pooling in 24-11N-13W a year ago in January 2015. CD 201408204 Order 635684 issued Jan 26, 2015 if you want to look it up on the OCC website under Imaged Documents. Forestar Oil & Gas. They had 180 days to drill from Jan 14, 2015. Donā€™t see that they pulled a permit though. Firefly 13-2H drilled in sec 13 in March 2015.

Nothing happening in 36 that I can tell.

Is there any activity in 26-7N-11W?