Caddo county lease/buy

I’m representing family members who hold interests in Caddo county section 16, twnshp 9N, range 12W and 22, 9N,12W. I would like to make contact with companies interested in leasing or buying mineral rights in this area. Advice is welcomed. Thanks, Dan Shoemaker

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure that ALL of the family members have their names and correct addresses filed with the Caddo county recorder of deeds. The courthouse is where the landmen go to find owners. Be cautious about any purchase offers. Understand what you own and if you have upcoming potential drilling.

Most of the family members are older and want me to “just handle it”. I’ll get ahold of the recorder and make sure we’re registered. Thanks

The phone number of the recorder doesn’t seem to work. Any ideas or help you can provide?

Try their email link. They may have an updated number.

You might want to look into a limited power of attorney, if drafted and signed correctly it can provide you with the authority to enter leases on the relatives’ behalf.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.