Buying and Selling Minerals

Mr. Hodges, from context, I think Toni is talking about people/companies buying minerals rights that someone has already leased.Jack hodges said:

Toni... I'm asking if they are paying $2,000/acre as a LEASE BONUS or paying $2,000/acre to PURCHASE the minerals. thanks jhh

Toni Everett said:

The oil and gas companies have been and some still are leasing from individuals. However, there are people who don't presently have mineral ownership, or would like to acquire more net mineral acreage, so they offer to buy what someone else presently has, or even a portion of it. If this Cline Shale field turns out to be as large as some of the articles say it is, people are willing to pay that much $$ just to get in on it, thinking they will get a nice return on their investment over the next few years or as long as the field produces.

Truth be told, these companies are trying to buy (steal) peoples mineral interests. whether they are paying or not, it does not hurt anyone to keep their mineral interests. If they are paying, yes you have to pay taxes but you have a monthly income of sorts (depending on how big or small your percentage). If they are not producing, no taxes. If you are one that has no family to leave it too or even let's say a close friend, then by all means sell. Like I have said before it's all up to the owner of said minerals. Personally, I would NEVER sell any minerals owned by me.

Thanks To All: I'm not interested EVER in SELLING my minerals. I'm looking to LEASE my minerals. I was just trying to clarify an earlier poster that said someone was offered $2,000 for their minerals. Thanks for your information and the conclusion (i agree completely) that many "companies" are trying to steal minerals from unsuspecting owners. We should all.... "Be afraid... be very afraid" and wary!

r w kennedy said:

Mr. Hodges, from context, I think Toni is talking about people/companies buying minerals rights that someone has already leased.Jack hodges said:

Toni... I'm asking if they are paying $2,000/acre as a LEASE BONUS or paying $2,000/acre to PURCHASE the minerals. thanks jhh

Toni Everett said:

The oil and gas companies have been and some still are leasing from individuals. However, there are people who don't presently have mineral ownership, or would like to acquire more net mineral acreage, so they offer to buy what someone else presently has, or even a portion of it. If this Cline Shale field turns out to be as large as some of the articles say it is, people are willing to pay that much $$ just to get in on it, thinking they will get a nice return on their investment over the next few years or as long as the field produces.

Dear Jack, Sorry, I was out of town today so I couldn't answer. Mr. Kennedy was correct in his explanation of what I was saying.

Best of luck to you getting yours leased. Toni

No problem. we're all in it together... somehow. hopefully our minerals will help get us back to energy independence!!!!

Mr. Hodges, if you are South of Big Spring, Preferably Southwest your interest is in a great spot. Where Martin County, Glasscock County and Howard County meet is a hell of a spot to own Minerals and or Royalty.

Thanks... i thought so. just south and west in sections 45 and 5. just over 500 mineral acres... no surface that i know of.