Burke County ND Bildt Proposed Well 1-25H-1 Sect 25 & 36-161N-94W

Again, looking for any information and advice on this area and proposed well. decided to participate. Any info you guys can share would be appreciated. Views: 3

Joining in the conversation mid-stream means asking for a bit of indulgence or patience if asking a question that has been presented previously or discussed by others. Questioning what I am missing or why you are required to spend $5k to participate in leasing....do you actually own the rights or looking to share what someone else already has possession or rights to?

R.W. Kennedy has afforded many of the novice like myself with valuable insight to what is going on. Interested in anything going on along the border between Canada and both Montana and North Dakota, I am curious about production as what appeared to be going well in March, tapered off quickly in September for the Points well and hence looking to the other locations as drilling rigs move across the state and in particular to the well shown in your description.

But paying $5k to participate causes me to ask why. Thanks!

I find it interesting that people are getting such good bonus and lease pay but so few wells being drilled in Burke Co. Six at the present time being drilled , that's not very many.

Is it a good producing area? Or is it more of an unknown at the current time? I was curious to hear some info on the area of this week to see if there were other producing wells.

Pam, I do not look at the site maps often to be up on where one section is from another but I share with 2 other siblings mineral rights in Sec 6-T160N-R94W. We also would share in a section in Montana but it is on the far west side of the state. Dumb on my part I still do not grasp your involvement...not that it's my place to question I suppose but wondering why you would have to pay anything if participating in drilling of the well. I was never approached in this fashion.

As it is, production has tapered off in less than 3 months time for a location I was told would potentially last 20 to 40 years, remaining consistent. Realizing mechanical/electrical problems surface just as transport/weather, etc. for this entry level person it appears production might cease. If I had invested as what you describe in a tempermental drilling operation, I might feel I've been taken advantage of. So I would hesitate.

When I noted your location Pam, it was from Mobile, AL hence my asking your involvement and wondered if you had acquired royalty rights thru inheritance or buying in to some kind of plan. I moved from Pensacola after Hurricane Ivan in 2004 to Knoxville, TN but inherited the rights from my mother who resided in Pensacola. Thought it unique that your location appears in that area compared to North Dakota. Thx

This too was inheritance with other properties. I've learned that many times yo have to ask and inquire on what your cost may be to have working interest in the proposed well. You have option to lease your mineral rights or to become a joint owner with working interest. But with working interest comes more responsibility and $$$$ and risks. But most companies aren't going to spend millions of dollars on a dry well. So that being said, its a decision based on proposed well location, history of the area, operator, costs, etc….but participating can mean more income and can also mean a loss. I am in Mobile and that is why I was hoping for some info from someone that ay have details to share on the areas and wells.

Pam, I too am a mineral owner with an interest in the Bilt and other spacing units in T161N R94W and have received letters from Continental for the Bilt and other wells in this township. This is the first time I have ever joined the discussion for Burke County although I have followed some with interest. I have no advice worth giving but might have some information on drilling activity in this township. I assume the letters you have received on the Bilt and the Cecelia wells are from Continental. They are the majority operator for just about everything in this township. They control the lion's share of the Stoneview field (just to the west) and will likely have a similar position in the Leaf Mountain field. Currently, the O'Neil 1-28H1(sections 28 & 33) and the Cecelia 1-27H1 (sections 27 & 34) are being drilled by Continental. Today the Daily Report shows that Continental is MIRU (Moving In and Rigging Up) on the Ellison 1-21AH1 (sections 16 & 21). The Butch 1-29H and the Knutson 1-15H are recently drilled, producing wells in the southern half of this township. Just a few days ago the Daily Report showed that they were on the Lannister 1-23H (sections 23 & 14) but are not shown on the Active Drilling Rig report for today - they moved(?). They also intend to start the Vibe 1-26H (sections 26 & 35) soon, as well as the Bilt. For better or worse, our mineral rights are under lease and that acreage will soon be held by production. I have no expertice on being a working interest or a non-consent owner. I am slowly starting to understand the distinction between the two. It sounds like very interesting options.

Just received another letter and will provide details tomorrow after reviewing it.

Pam. the Bilt, 161-94-25 was spud 10 days ago, 11-12-2013 according to the NDIC.

Pam said:

Just received another letter and will provide details tomorrow after reviewing it.

rw

The Daily Rig Report from the NDIC wesite says the Trinidad 36 rig has been on the BILT with a start date of 12-1-2013. Did you get the spud date from the Basic or Premium Services?

Pam

A couple of times you have asked what to expect from the wells being drilled in this area. The only thing to go by is what is happening with neighboring wells. There are four wells, one in each of four spacing units, in the Viking field that lies immediately to the south of the Bilt and the other these spacing units along the bottom of T161N R94W. Total production from these wells in October was a little over 11, 000 bls, averaging a little more than 2,000 bls for the month. That is after these wells have been on line for about 18 months, give or take.

Continental continues operating multiple rigs in the spacing units across the southern tier of T161N R94W. Do you have an interest in the Ellison 1-21AH1, a little to the west of the Cecelia 1-27H1? The wells in this area that have had drilling acivity for the last few months are NOT being reported as complete. The rigs seem to be moving onto the wells, drilling for a few weeks, moving to another location without completing the drilling, and moving back onto the wells (sometimes a couple of times) before finally completing the drilling of a particular well. I am sure that at least part of this moving on and off of the wells is to keep the leases tied up with continuous drilling. But I am sure/hoping that they will be completed and put into production within the next couple of months.

None of these spacing units have had any permits issued for more than one well per spacing unit. There is a case on the docket requesting rule up to fourteen wells per spaocing unit in both the Stoneview and the Viking fields, nothing on the Leaf Mountain. Looks like there will be one well per 1280 acre spacing unit all across the lower part of T161N R94W soon.

When will infill drilling start? Continental is doing lots of infill drilling just a few miles to the west and south of here, And production numbers seem to be stronger with the third , fourth and fifth, etc., wells, than with the first.

Lanse

r w kennedy said:

Pam. the Bilt, 161-94-25 was spud 10 days ago, 11-12-2013 according to the NDIC.

Pam said:

Lanse, I have the basic subscription. The date I gave was the "reported" spud date as shown in the detailed information given in a well search on the NDIC site. Rig movement reports are not exactly the same as spud date. I don't think it happens often but sometimes they park a rig.

As for later wells getting better results, drilling the first well in any spacing should have taught them more than the seismic interpretation ever could, at least I certainly hope so.

I would also say that the advance in technology in the ND Bakken drilling is advancing fast. I consider 2002 to 2006 to be the stone age. 2007 to mid 2009 to be bronze age. 2010 to be iron age. 2011 and up to be steel, trending towards stainless or some vanadium or moly alloy at present. I hate to say that I have some of the iron age wells and when I see wells from the steel age drilled around them, it makes me sad that there is no infil drilling on my spacings, yet (4-5 years). Not to say that all wells are drilled to the best practices known at the time. I still see the "iron age" wells going in in areas that are not as productive because they are cheap. It would be great to discuss this more when I have more time. Have a great day!

P. Lanse Larsen said:

rw

The Daily Rig Report from the NDIC wesite says the Trinidad 36 rig has been on the BILT with a start date of 12-1-2013. Did you get the spud date from the Basic or Premium Services?

P

Participated in the Cecelia, Bildt and Ellison wells which are in Burke County. Not sure how lucrative the ventures may be. RW-do you have any new info? This is in Burke TS161 range 94west.

Lanse- have you received any updates?

P. Lanse Larsen said:

Pam, I too am a mineral owner with an interest in the Bilt and other spacing units in T161N R94W and have received letters from Continental for the Bilt and other wells in this township. This is the first time I have ever joined the discussion for Burke County although I have followed some with interest. I have no advice worth giving but might have some information on drilling activity in this township. I assume the letters you have received on the Bilt and the Cecelia wells are from Continental. They are the majority operator for just about everything in this township. They control the lion’s share of the Stoneview field (just to the west) and will likely have a similar position in the Leaf Mountain field. Currently, the O’Neil 1-28H1(sections 28 & 33) and the Cecelia 1-27H1 (sections 27 & 34) are being drilled by Continental. Today the Daily Report shows that Continental is MIRU (Moving In and Rigging Up) on the Ellison 1-21AH1 (sections 16 & 21). The Butch 1-29H and the Knutson 1-15H are recently drilled, producing wells in the southern half of this township. Just a few days ago the Daily Report showed that they were on the Lannister 1-23H (sections 23 & 14) but are not shown on the Active Drilling Rig report for today - they moved(?). They also intend to start the Vibe 1-26H (sections 26 & 35) soon, as well as the Bilt. For better or worse, our mineral rights are under lease and that acreage will soon be held by production. I have no expertice on being a working interest or a non-consent owner. I am slowly starting to understand the distinction between the two. It sounds like very interesting options.

Yes Lanse, participated in the Ellison also. Did you? We just received 2 more AFE’s for the Vibe well and the O’Neil well in Burke CtyTS161 range 94 West.

P. Lanse Larsen said:

rw

Pam

A couple of times you have asked what to expect from the wells being drilled in this area. The only thing to go by is what is happening with neighboring wells. There are four wells, one in each of four spacing units, in the Viking field that lies immediately to the south of the Bilt and the other these spacing units along the bottom of T161N R94W. Total production from these wells in October was a little over 11, 000 bls, averaging a little more than 2,000 bls for the month. That is after these wells have been on line for about 18 months, give or take.

Continental continues operating multiple rigs in the spacing units across the southern tier of T161N R94W. Do you have an interest in the Ellison 1-21AH1, a little to the west of the Cecelia 1-27H1? The wells in this area that have had drilling acivity for the last few months are NOT being reported as complete. The rigs seem to be moving onto the wells, drilling for a few weeks, moving to another location without completing the drilling, and moving back onto the wells (sometimes a couple of times) before finally completing the drilling of a particular well. I am sure that at least part of this moving on and off of the wells is to keep the leases tied up with continuous drilling. But I am sure/hoping that they will be completed and put into production within the next couple of months.

None of these spacing units have had any permits issued for more than one well per spacing unit. There is a case on the docket requesting rule up to fourteen wells per spaocing unit in both the Stoneview and the Viking fields, nothing on the Leaf Mountain. Looks like there will be one well per 1280 acre spacing unit all across the lower part of T161N R94W soon.

When will infill drilling start? Continental is doing lots of infill drilling just a few miles to the west and south of here, And production numbers seem to be stronger with the third , fourth and fifth, etc., wells, than with the first.

Lanse

r w kennedy said:

Pam said:

Pam, I do not have any new information. I do have a point to consider. The control of those mineral acres is going to be profitable in the future, if not in the near future. Did you look through any wellfiles? Continental is one of the most prolific drilling operators, they drill many of the iron age wells I described, just enough well to hold a spacing for 20 years and probably not lose money, there is a SAVINGS in not having to lease the spacing over and over again.

To me, if you lease you lose the future upside, you get very little now and very little in the future. It's not a huge leap for me to decide to go non-consent on such wells and possibly plan to participate in future wells. As long as you don't lease, your appreciating asset is still your appreciating asset. You might have to hold it for 20 years, the oil has been waiting alot longer than that. Continental is willing to wait, you have to decide if you are willing to wait also. If it's a small interest, I would be willing to wait. I think you will not see 40 frack stages or the use of ceramic in the nearby wells, of course the production will be low. These wells just need to be able to hold a spacing. The profit is in the future. They are not drilling these wells to tie their money up for 7- 10 years to no purpose.

Pam said:

Participated in the Cecelia, Bildt and Ellison wells which are in Burke County. Not sure how lucrative the ventures may be. RW-do you have any new info? This is in Burke TS161 range 94west.