BP America contact

Anyone know the contact (Land or division orders) info for BP America. Helping an estate and we haven’t had much luck contacting anyone through the sources I know. We think we have an interest in suspense but cannot get anyone to respond at BP

Which state are the minerals in? If Oklahoma, BP sold a lot of their leases to other companies, so you may need to contact them instead. Usually, it is best to contact the Division Order department that handles a particular tract. Many companies do not have a land department anymore. Anything with production usually goes through the Division Order department or the Royalty Owners departments.

Sorry. Yes, in OK. Pangaea shows BP as operator still. BP America still has a Land dept cause I know folks that work there! Just cant get them to respond… Have not been able to find a general division order or general land or general anything associated with minerals or royalty payments. And we are not in pay so we dont have checkstub to get that info from.

You seem familiar with the task of finding operators - but the operator named in Pangaea’s “Production” search is often outdated. Be sure you’re also looking at the “Well Info” search to see if there’s a recent Form 1073 (Transfer of Operator).

You may have some luck calling their general line 1-800-732-6626 or writing (via snail mail - I know) their Division of Interest Department at PO Box 941180, Houston, TX 77094.

If you send an email to the owner relations department, make sure to include the legal description, county and a list of possible names to look under so that they can make sure it gets to the right Division Order Analyst.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.