Bottineau County ND Spearfish formation

Does anyone have any information on the Spearfish wells near Bottineau ?

Botno:

All I know about these Spearfish wells is that EOG tends to be the major player in this area. I read that one well has been a good producer while others have been so so. I believe that as time goes on, the Spearfish will become more active as they are so much cheaper to drill and the process is much shorter time wise.

It looks like they plan to drill 13 wells in the Spearfish fairway this year around the Carbury area. Legacy apparently hit on the Emery and Bliss wells.

howdy,

i own a few acres of mineral rights in wells county north dakota. are there any prospects for drilling anywhere in this county. my acres are in the northern part, close to the pierce county line.

thanks!!!

Mr. Lesmeister:

I am not familiar with the Wells County area but the November State Auction site indicated the bonus amount was $2.00/acre and appears HRM Resources,LLC obtained numerous acres in this county during this sale. It is obvious by the low bonus amounts that this area must lie outside the Bakken. My advice is to keep a close watch on the future activity in surrounding counties since you can never predict what new formation will become a producer.

l. lesmeister said:

howdy,

i own a few acres of mineral rights in wells county north dakota. are there any prospects for drilling anywhere in this county. my acres are in the northern part, close to the pierce county line.

thanks!!!

thank you, charles!

the acres are currently under lease for about 2 years yet. i will have to go back and check on the exact dates.

l.l.
charles s mallory said:

Mr. Lesmeister:

I am not familiar with the Wells County area but the November State Auction site indicated the bonus amount was $2.00/acre and appears HRM Resources,LLC obtained numerous acres in this county during this sale. It is obvious by the low bonus amounts that this area must lie outside the Bakken. My advice is to keep a close watch on the future activity in surrounding counties since you can never predict what new formation will become a producer.

l. lesmeister said:

howdy,

thanks!!!