Bordon county mineral rights

Hi, Mother and I recently received calls/offer on mineral rights mom inherited from her mother in the 80’s when her mother passed. Mom’s from Texas as is her side of the family but most are gone now. Have never heard anything till today. Offer was low. Patch Energy. Looked up the info he sent me, section 47,block 25. Bordon county. Patch Energy states she owns 8% mineral rights. Not sure where to start. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you

Rattlestaff if your Mother owns 8% of the minerals in Section 47 are those undivided minerals over the whole of Section 47 or does she own 8% over possibly SE/4 or NW/ 4 or ???. You need to find out just ‘EXACTLY’ what She owns. High Peak Energy is the major producer in this area of Borden County…they have some decent horizontal wells in this area…I see there is 2 producing horizontal wells running through the western half of Section 47 owned by High Peak Energy.there is also 1 (shut-in) vertical well(30767) in the far SW part of Section 47…And numerous plugged vertical wells in Section 47.

GIS(Geographic Information Survey) map of Borden County Section 47/Block 25/A-46:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

You’ll want to deal with High Peak or their broker directly; they’ll give you the best offer. What was your grandmother’s name? I can pass this along to them.

Note how many horizontal wells are shown on the tracts just to south and to the west. Be aware that many buyer offers come right before new wells are about to be drilled. The buyers want the royalties from the those new wells. Many mineral owners do not sell because they would like to keep the royalties.

Thank you all for the response! I would like to find out exactly what she owns but not sure how to do that, I will email patch again tomorrow to see if they will share any more information. The letter only says this,when describing the area. "Please consider this a formal offer to purchase your mineral interest in the following property located in Borden County, Texas (“the lands”): Section 47, Block 25, H&TC Ry. Co. Survey, Borden County, Texas; “Patch Energy, LLC is representing that the seller has a legal right to/owns 0.080808 net mineral acres in the lands.” So I can try to clarify and also reach out to High Peak Energy.

As far as royalties, noone has gotten any since my grandma owned it. Not since 1986 or so when she passed. And the man at Patch Energy said it is in Receivership I believe,which sounds like a lot of work to provide chain of custody and ownership. He stated the oil company probably went before the court stating they made a good faith effort to find the heirs and couldn’t. This the burden of proof would be on mom. But I know more then I did yesterday so I’ll take that as a win:) My Grandmothers name was Frances Elaine Mayer HIll Hill was her maiden name

1 Like

You might try a search on www.TexasFile.com. Fairly inexpenisve to look for her name.

I got an offer from Patch for Section 47 Block 25. I have rights to .195817986 . Should I bother getting these out of receivership or sell? Leona Hill Collier was my great grandmother. Mozelle Collier Rouse my Grandmother. Let them no transferred to my mother Carolyn Rouse-Budden-Wright. She passed several years ago.

Should I take the offer Get it out of receivership, counter or contact HighPeak?

Any new information on your progress?

Thank you so much for sharing this information.

0.08080808 net mineral acres is a very small amount

Is that decimal from a division order or check statement or is it a partial part of one acre. The first is likely to be much larger acreage than the second.

Thank you this is the excerpt from the offer. Each of my 2 siblings have an equal share.

Patch Energy, LLC is representing that the seller has a legal right to/owns 0.195817986 net mineral acres in the lands.

Thank you so much.

Then fairly small, but only you can decide if you want to hang onto it if there is additional drilling.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.