Bonus dollars

Hello Everyone, I have land in east Lavaca county near FM 2437 and FM 503 that is available for lease. How can I discover the "going rate" for the bonus money per acre? Any help is very appreciated, thank you in advance.

Not the same. Sigh.

Please give a little more to go on. Did you mean FM 530 and FM 2437 near Sheridan or am I just confused. If you are I may have some info for you.

Hi John, Why yes, Sheridan is in the general area. Thank you so much for your reply! I am on the edge of my seat!

Yes Maam, I have land North West of yours near Hackberry/Oakland. On the Cypress and Sanchez Blog here, There is a man called Chilliman. He is the one you want to talk to about this. He has a friend in the same general area as you and he e mailed him and he is emailing me as we speak. With another friend etc. They will help you. I suggest you guys get together and form a block of land, for safety is in nunbers. Just for instance do you have a good Oil and Gas lawyer? They're some good ones around in Hallettsville. Jessie Allan is a good one. And no, I don't work for him. I'm just a mineral owner. The main thing is stay calm, these guys are like wolves, they can smell fear. Talk to Chiliman, get together with your neighbors and get a lawyer. Please keep me posted, as I am only @ 10-15 miles NW of you its good for all of us.

I know Jessie Allen! I will look for Chilliman or if you see him, will you give him my email address? kmcculloch4241@yahoo.com.

Do you happen to know any bonus numbers? I have some land man sniffing, they keep trying to get me to show my hand first.

John Moore said:

Yes Maam, I have land North West of yours near Hackberry/Oakland. On the Cypress and Sanchez Blog here, There is a man called Chilliman. He is the one you want to talk to about this. He has a friend in the same general area as you and he e mailed him and he is emailing me as we speak. With another friend etc. They will help you. I suggest you guys get together and form a block of land, for safety is in nunbers. Just for instance do you have a good Oil and Gas lawyer? They're some good ones around in Hallettsville. Jessie Allan is a good one. And no, I don't work for him. I'm just a mineral owner. The main thing is stay calm, these guys are like wolves, they can smell fear. Talk to Chiliman, get together with your neighbors and get a lawyer. Please keep me posted, as I am only @ 10-15 miles NW of you its good for all of us.

Chiliman, Just told me his friends friend was just offered $275.00 Bonus (LOW) with a 3 year lease (Good) and 20 % royalty (Not bad). His name was Taska, don't know if he close to your place or not. Do you that Ballard oil and gas, just drilled a well @ 5 miles North of Sheridan in 2012?

Low indeed. I was hoping for much more, with the eagle ford mania going on. I didn't know about Ballard.

OK, now, slow down a bit. "WE" ain't in EF "OIL" country period. The EF is VERY thin in our area. However there are other formations of O & G here. All still very valuable. The Wilcox, Edwards, Burns, etc. and we are in the Liquids rich zone of the EF, but not very much oil. They are still valuable. When they the Big O&G companies get all the oil found, they will come back and get the Liquids. They use the little companies to do all the leg work for them. Maybe 10 years or so but they will be back. My grandparents were hoping for a well, and so did my parents, and I am 54 and still waiting. But this is the most O&G activity I've seen in this area since the 1980's. Good luck, like I said be patient. The bonus is nice to say the least, but more royalties, on even a mediocre well will pay the bills long after the bonus is gone. Chiliman says the other guy in your areas name is supposed to be Flint Cooper, on the north side of Sheridan. Again, good luck!!

OK. Thanks John. You certainly know more about this than I do. When, (ha, I mean if) somebody actually makes a written offer I will let you know.

Kathleen, I've only been here for maybe a year and a half listening and posting once in a while, trying not to sound too stupid. I give all the credit and info that I've learned from these sites, to the guys like, Washington Irving, Chiliman, Mr. Mike, JBoB, Patrick, etc. these are the real players on this and the other blogs, they know whats going on, I'm just one of bottom feeders. Good Day!

Ha! Well, Thank you for helping me out!

Thank you for your uplifting reply, Miles!

Hello,

I am very new to the forum. My family and I own property in Hallettsville about a mile east of town off Hwy 90.

We would like to lease the property, are the companies still leasing in this area?

Ms. Jolivette, if they want to lease your land they will contact you. If you go calling them they can sense maybe a little blood in the water. This usually makes them think that you might be desparate for a lease and may low ball you into a cheap lease. As the kids say now days, "Just Saying"

Hi Kathleen:

I agree with everyone in being patient. Our land is located NE of Shiner and we are leased and waiting to be drilled. It's hard not to get excited, but you have to be patient. Believe me the waiting part is awful. Good Luck!!!!

John Moore said:

Ms. Jolivette, if they want to lease your land they will contact you. If you go calling them they can sense maybe a little blood in the water. This usually makes them think that you might be desparate for a lease and may low ball you into a cheap lease. As the kids say now days, "Just Saying"

Thanks for the reply. But I don't live in the area and not sure if they know how to contact me. The property was inherited. And I have been told if you are not easy to locate the companies as the kids also say (keep it moving). So if anyone knows the landmen in this area please let me know, we are not desparate but would like to lease .

So, I have land about 4 miles east of Moulton. My lease is out and so is the lease for most of my neighbors. What do we do to get a company to lease us? Thanks