Bonus and royalty market rate for lease in Brazos county

I have a small interest in the minerals in the William Mathis Survey A-37. It is just south of Bryan off of Hwy 21 where it crosses the Little Brazos river. Hawkwood Energy has approached me about leasing. What should I expect to get for a bonus and what’s the going % for royalty interest. I do not own the surface rights. Thanks

I am also curious as to the current standard rate for mineral leases. I was also approached by Hawkwood Energy, and the rate offered is substantially less than the last lease paid by Halcon Energy. But… that was in 2014, and Halcon has since declared bankruptcy. What is a reasonable bonus per acre today?

Welcome to the forum. You would have to give your legal description to get a better answer. Location, location, location.

[quote=“MaryJoVoss, post:2, topic:52447, full:true”] I am also curious as to the current standard rate for mineral leases. I was also approached by Hawkwood Energy, and the rate offered is substantially less than the last lease paid by Halcon Energy. But… that was in 2014, and Halcon has since declared bankruptcy. What is a reasonable bonus per acre today? The proposed mineral lease is 5.0 acres in the Thomas J Allcorn Survey, A-61, Brazos County, TX.

What bonus and royalty offers are y’all getting from Hawkwood here in Brazos county?