Bluehawk Energy Partners

Is anyone familiar with Bluehawk Energy Partners? If so, would be be able to share your experience with them? Positive or negative? Thank you for your responses.

I’m interested in knowing what if anything you may have learned about Blue Hawk Energy? They have expressed interest in leasing our acreage and it would be nice to know something about them, as you’ve said positive or negative.

Thank you.

I do not know the company, but for any leasing, I would not give a signed lease without getting paid. I would also not sign the first lease that is offered as it will be all in the operator or lessee favor, not in the mineral owner favor.

Actually, what’s being offered is a Top Lease. Lease espies in 6 months.

Personally, not a fan of top leases, but others may disagree. I prefer to let leases expire on their own terms and then negotiate a new lease under the market conditions at that time.

An Overview of Recurring and Related Issues Involving Top Leasing.pdf (210.2 KB)

1 Like

From a little different perspective, what though if you only owned Executive Rights with Bonus, no royalty? If our acreage is drilled, we are HBP. If we accept top lease there is at least the 10% down ( or more) we keep. Something is better than nothing. However, maybe they know something we don’t and are willing to risk it. If we wait, in six month the leasing picture could be different. This is Ward County Texas and the offer is currently $2,500 NMA.

This is a field brokerage firm. They take leases on behalf of client companies, and then assign the leases later to the client company. Blue Hawk Energy Partners LLC was formed with the Texas SOS in 2018. If you want to learn more about the company, go to: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-hawk-energy-llc/about/

That puts a different spin on it.

I know… decisions decisions.