Block 40 Mineral Bonus Price

Does anyone know the going bonus rate in Block 40 of Winkler County? I believe Boyd & McWilliams has operations all around the acreage I came into.

I am curious to know if they or anyone would lease and at what price? If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.

thx

What section(s) and how many net mineral acres? Block 40 is pretty far east of major development, but depending on the section you may get a lease offer.

I wonder if anything came of this

Boyd & Rubicon seek Permian asset sale or JV

Sections 12, 13, and 14. I believe it is 45 net acres

Lease bonus’ are relatively low in Texas in comparison to other states. A 1/4 royalty with a bonus of <$1,000.00 is standard in Winkler County. Do not lease for less than 1/4 :smiley:

Agreed on minimum royalty of 1/4, but Winkler and nearby Permian counties have seen some bonuses spike over last couple of years-- up to range of 5000 to 20,000 nma.

vaok, that’s a dangerously broad assumption. Central Basin Platform? Sure, $1,000/NMA or less all day long. Heart of the Delaware or Midland Basins? You’re looking at $10,000-$20,000/NMA.

Ive learned it’s always a better idea to give advice on the low end rather than the high end buddy.

While sure, lots of leases are being given at prices higher than $1,000.00, an average in the county and that block is much much lower. Just because acreage X is leasing for a certain price, does not mean acreage Y will lease anywhere near that number. A majority of mineral interests do not bring in huge amounts of money, in fact a majority of mineral interests are almost worthless until someone decides to put forth the capital to extract those minerals. As is the case in much of Winkler where a ton of wells are DUC or have been plugged, just because there is oil in the ground does not mean there will be money in your pocket…

In short, yes, you can get much higher than $1,000.00, but to go around telling people they can lease w/ $20,000.00 bonus without any actual specific information about production or even the legal description of the sections would not be very smart.