Block 13 Section 27

On the north service road to IH-10 on the east side of FM2903, Apache has a cluster of three gas wells and on the west side of FM2903 on the north side of the north service road there is a new Apache horizontal well being drilled and a 700 man ManCamp being built by Apache for their workers. They are building 4 cryogenic plants just north of there on both sides of FM2903. If your land is south of IH-10 along County Road 317…that follows Toyah Creek under the overpass of IH-10 and is bounded on one side (east side) with a big pecan orchard that has been there since the 1950s.

Anyway, Apache will want to lease that area for drilling because of the three other good wells they have just across the Interstate Highway 10 from your land.

We are leased to Apache, since April 2016. No word from them about plans for the area yet.

Do you have a 3 year lease? If so, they will be contacting you again soon about drilling on your property and renewing that lease. .

Yes I have a 3 year lease. I signed up just before the alpine high was announced. My instinct was to hold out for a better deal, but I caved to others pressure to sign. I have read that it is not unusual for a company to wait till near the end of a lease to start doing something with a property. I have heard nothing from Apache regarding their plans, so far. Any advice on how I can get them to tell me their plans? We appear to be close to other “things” going on in the area. I can see this from online GPS, maps,etc. Since I am not on the grownd in the area, I can’t really get a feel for what exactly is happening. Is it customary for apache to lease, let the land sit, than release and hold on to unprossed land for another 3 years? Also, is it possible to renegotiate the per AC leasing price at releasing? Thanks for the words of wisdom, Melissa

You can always ask for a renegotiation of terms of contract with an oil company during the term of the lease, and unless they have included a ‘perpetual renewal covenant’ in the language of the lease, they HAVE to contact you and renegotiate the lease or lose it at the end of the lease term. For such a desirable location as yours, you can expect other companies to be circling like sharks hoping Apache fails to negotiate a new lease with you, so there WILL be other offers coming to you. .

Thank you for the information. It’s good to know. How do I go about finding out what “planes” they have for the land? Thanks

I don’t think that’s us. We’ve only got two sections in Reeves. 110 acres & 30 acres. The 110 contains the Collins 2H well and the 30 acres contains a well called Curly Bill.

Thanks!

Yes. There are a minimum of seven identified layers of petroleum bearing horizons under the surface. The thickness of those layers, if added together, range from 1000 to 3000 feet. Using today’s rates of extraction versus the petroleum content of those layers, it is not unreasonable to expect, over the expected producing lifetime of the oil field, some thirty to sixty years, a minimum extraction of a barrel of oil or equivalent per square foot of surface area. There is that much petroleum under the ground in that many layers.

And, the method and technologies of extraction keep improving. (so a 25% royalty times 43,560 square feet an acre potential over the entire production lifetime of the oil field). That is how much petroleum there is locked in the various now known layers under the surface in much of the Delaware Basin and especially the Section 271 area Block 13 area.

1 Like

I inherited mineral rights in Block 13, section 239. It’s currently under lease, but I’ve received several offers to purchase that, and the other mineral interests I have, which is in block 6, section 6. It’s a very large sum of money that is being offered. I’ve always been told not to sell. Would be curious to know what others have experienced, or think about selling vs. not selling.

There are some solid wells in the area of Section 239, Block 13, most drilled by Primexx Operating and Centennial Resource Production. As of right now I don’t see any permits involving that section. Section 6, Block 6 is also in a very good area with a lot of activity in the area. Some of that section already has horizontal wells on it but there are a couple of tracts on the north end that don’t appear to be producing yet. I own a very small interest in Section 2 of Block 6. Whether to sell or not to sell depends on your personal situation. You can always sell a portion of your minerals instead of all of them to take a little money now and make you comfortable while still holding some of the interest for future income.

Unless you’re desperate for cash, my vote is to keep your mineral rights. My family has held onto our rights for 5 generations now and they’re finally paying off. The instructions were, “NEVER sell mineral rights”. Thanks be to God and my ancestors!

I agree, Helen. My great grandfather bough this in 1917. Took a long time but it’s beginning to pay off for us

Agree wholeheartedly. We have had our land (Blk C-18, sec 4) since 1904 and in last 20 yrs has paid off with almost continuous leases. If it continues, it will easily pay more than selling it now. The new information on the extent of the shale formations only confirm this view. Navgoat

I advise you to NOT sell mineral rights or surface rights in either area. The last estimate I read says the Permian/Delaware basin is expected to produce 25 Trillion dollars of revenue over the next 10 years.
You want to get your fair share of that.

Let me put it this way, with five to seven identified layers of petroleum underneath the ground in the area of Block 13 H&GN Survey, one can expect an extraction of at least one barrel per square for of surface area, or, at 43,560 square feet times .25, royalty rate, the share to the owner of 10,890 barrels of oil, or 10890 x $60 = $653,400 dollars. So yes, I would buy your mineral rights to all seven layers per acre for $10,000 all day long.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the input. My inclination is not to sell and I’m not desperate for cash. Glad to know those two parcels of land are promising! Thanks again.

Fred, my family has mineral interest in Sec 5, Blk C-18 north of you. My I ask if you are presently leased and to whom? We leased in 2016 and the lease has been assigned twice since then. Next time would like to lease to to E & P Co. with more contentious leases in the area. thanks

We are currently leased to LUXE Energy. We have been continuously leased for the last 10 years to various companies. LUXE bought the lease from Centennial Resources (CDEV) last March. Not sure what LUXE will do with it. All the best. Fred

Fred, thanks for the info. We are also with Luxe now. Maybe they will renew our leases and do some DRILLING. Thanks and Good Luck.

L.C. Just got word from LUXE that a division order may be coming in the next few weeks. Will let you know. Interest in our area is growing fast as in other areas of southern Reeves cty