Block 13 Section 265 Reeves Co

I am confused by all the people who indicate mineral right ownership in Block 13 Section 265. Is there not only 40 acres more or less in a particular Block. How would one know for sure they own mineral rights in this particular block. Do Deeds exist for this land that was a part of the Toyah Valley Grape and Alfalfa Co. Subdivision.

When a Company signs a lease with someone, do they do due diligence in the ownership or the lessor or do they expect the lessor to defend their claim. George

That subdivision referred to the 10-40 acre lots as “blocks”. The real Block 13 is huge and covers about 1/6th of Reeves Co. There are old plats for the sections that were subdivided in the Deed records in most cases.

Our Reeves Cty section is unusual due to subdivision back in 1918, blocks of 10 acres & lots 1/10 acre to raise money for a drilling syndicate. I found it helpful to visit the courthouse and inspect, sketch, photograph the 100-year old plat, took a picture. Unfortunately, plat maps have not yet been digitized for Reeves.

Obviously, blocks in our subdivision are different from blocks in the North American Recorded Plat Survey System.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your reply.