Blanchard Interest

Can anyone explain to me in laymans terms what a Blanchard royalty interest is? I’ve been trying to wade through the legal papers online, not so easy to make sense of!

Thanks, Jill

Hi, Jill -

I Googled the phrase "Blanchard Royalty Interest" and it appears to have something to do with royalty ownership in Oklahoma.

Try an online search of your own and I'm sure you will have plenty of references to follow up on.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Charles,

In one place I see Dallas and in another I see Ft. Worth. Can you give me a way to contact you? I'm in Ft. Worth.

Thanks in advance,

Wes Luke

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hi, Jill -

I Googled the phrase "Blanchard Royalty Interest" and it appears to have something to do with royalty ownership in Oklahoma.

Try an online search of your own and I'm sure you will have plenty of references to follow up on.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Yes, Charles, my apologies to Jill as well. Thanks for the info. I'll be in touch.

Yours,

Wes Luke

I just ran across your question on Blanchard Interest. The name Blanchard comes from a legal case involving the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. This link may shed some light on your question. I had the same question as you did.

www.ogj.com/articles/print/volume-91/issue-32/in-this-issue/drilling/mms-rejects-oklahoma-royalty-pooling-law.html

MMS REJECTS OKLAHOMA ROYALTY POOLING LAW

The U.S. Minerals Management Service has declared federal and Indian leases it administers in Oklahoma will not be subject to a state royalty pooling law. Oklahoma Senate Bill No. 168, which became effective july 1, evolved from a state lawsuit, Shelf Oil Co. vs. Oklahoma Corporation Commission, commonly known as the Blanchard decision. The bill provides that working interest owners taking and selling oil and gas must pay royalties to a pool shared by all royalty owners in the agreements.

Aug 9th, 1993